Ejiro Kirishima x Reader 🌻 Flower Shop

Hey, it's been *checks watch* around 8 and a half months since I last updated. A pretty long hiatus, huh? Lol. Figured with quarantine I would pop back on Wattpad and-

WARNINGS: none

INCLUDES: Modern, no power!AU, reader is a tsundere

🍀☘️☘️🌱☘️🍀🍀🌿🌿🎄🌸☘️💐🌷🌸☘️🌲🌷☘️🌷🌼🌴🌴🌹🌹🌻🌼🌼🌹🌻💐🌼🌺🌷🌹🍄🌻🌼🥀🌸💐🌹🎋🌷🌼🌼

You had been anti-romance for most of your life. After a string a bad relationships and even worse breakups, you just decided the couple life just wasn't meant for you. Sure, that thought hurt, especially when sometimes you just wanted to love someone, but it was the truth. Some people were just better off alone.

Because of your no-romance sentiment, you made a vow to never fall in love with anyone again, no matter how much they tempt you. That may seem dramatic, but hey, you've been through a lot.

But then you met Kirishima Eijiro, someone who seemed determined to break down your walls. The little idiot flirted with you to no end, and you shut him down every time. He was determined, though.

You worked at a flower shop, a perfect fairytale place for budding love. It was obvious he thought you two would have a flower-shop romance, like in a novel or something. He came in the shop only when you were working, pretended to look at and be interested in the flowers, and flirted with you like he didn't notice the way you shut him down every time. It was frustrating how he never gave up!

You remember a specific day he came in. He walked in, inspected the lilies, and looked over at you with a grin on his face.

"Don't lilies represent budding love and romance?" He asked you. You stared at him from your spot at the checkout desk.

"How would I know?" You seethed, seeing exactly where he wished this conversation would go. You were determined not to take it there. "I work the register. I sell the products and collect the cash. Nothing more, nothing less."

You attempted to keep your tone even, considering he was still a customer, but you couldn't help the venom that laced your words. He seemed slightly taken aback, his forever-there grin slightly fading.

"Look, Kirishima Eijirō. I know you are searching for a romance here in this flower shop, but you will not find it. Just give up now and forget about it. It's not gonna happen," you leaned over on the counter, eyes glinting.

Kirishima pulled away from the lilies, thinking about your words. The grin reappeared on his face and you sighed.

"I'll take that as a challenge! A manly challenge to win the heart of a beautiful woman!" He said and clenched his fist determinedly.

You narrowed your eyes at him.

"You think I'm some prize that can be won? I wonder how far you'll get with that mindset," you said in an icy tone.

Kirishima quickly evacuated the shop after that.

That was the first day of his so called "challenge to win your heart."

He came in nearly everyday after that for months, looking at different flowers and explaining what they meant in excited tones. It seemed he had taken on the role of the flower enthusiast in this one, instead of the other way around.

One sunny day, as he was explaining the significance of a good bouquet, you stopped and actually listened to what he was saying. Not so much the words themselves but the tones and meanings behind them. He was excited and happy to share this information with you, so happy that it made your heart swell up slightly.