Chapter Fourteen- The Girl I Love Most

Niall's POV

I listened as the line went dead. I was frozen in place. My heart beat slowly. Maddie hated me, it was clear. And no matter what I did, I couldn't fix it. At all.

"Niall? You okay?" Flora asked, sitting next to me on her couch. We were in Flora's house in New York City, away from Ireland, and everyone there. Since we were on tour and everything.

"Yeah, just... The days been rough." I explained, leaning my head back.

"Awe, Niall baby. Don't feel sad, I'm right here. Don't cry." She babied me in an ANNOYING way.

"I'm not a baby." I sighed. I didn't like yelling, not at girls. And sometimes boys.

"Um, okay then." She laughed off. "We could always do something else...." She trailed off, kissing my lips.

I expected a tingle, or at least some spark of excitement. But no, it was almost boring. Nothing like when Maddie kissed me. I wish I could go back to that moment everyday, not only to kiss her, but to fix everything that's wrong.

"No. I'm not like that." I reminded her, she quickly stopped playing with my hair, I think that she thought that might have "got me in the mood". But it really didn't at all.

"Who was you talkin to ?" She asked, plopping a piece of popcorn in her mouth that was previously sitting out on the table in front of us.

"Oh, just some old friend." I simply replied not going into any detail.

"Like who?" She asked again, yet eating another piece.

"Oh, just this old girl I "was" really close with." I explained, making air quotations with my hands around "was". "I'm just really bummed right now."

"We could fix that." Flora whispered in my ear, nibbling on it.

"Flora stop! I'm not going to have sex with you okay?" I raised my voice a little.

"Why the hell not?" She raised he voice too.

"Because that's all you care about." I yelled, okay so maybe once in a while I yell?

"Then you might as well leave." She pointed towards the door.

"Gladly." I responded, getting up and walking out. I needed a break, for now, for a few moments before, and for the future.

I went to the nearest forest park type thing.

Fall breeze hit me when I sat down on a near bench. Beautiful autumn trees surrounded me, reminding me of the falls we had in Ireland. Few trees turned red, orange, or yellow. Other stayed green all year round.

I remember Maddie always going on and on about how pretty all the nature and life during the fall season.

I had to think, think clearly, think rationally. Maddie is probably somewhere in Mullingar balling her eyes out because of me. And that hurts me to feel. Maybe I should break up with Flora? And go back to the girl I love most? I don't know anymore.

So do what everyone says to do, follow your heart. And that tells me to dump Flora and go back to Maddie. Now, all I have to figure out is how. How in the world do I take a break on tour, go back to Mullingar and fix things? There are a lot of thing wrong there. (Niall doesn't know Maddie moved to Dublin for her college.)

I knew what I had to do. I got up and started running, I'll be there soon. He'll know what to day. What to do. What to think. So that's what I did....I ran.... To the girl I loved most.......................................................