Chapter Sixteen- Coming Home/Going Back

The song up top is perfect to this chapter. It's First Flight Home by Jake Miller. Not a big fan of the artist but it's perfect! Please listen to it while reading this chapter. Just pretend Niall is singing it. 💋😜

Maddie's POV

It was Spring Break so I was off from college. Bella was visiting her family somewhere in Dublin. So I was visiting to Mullingar to visit my mum and dad with Brent. Brent was driving me there, so I could relax. They really wanted to meet him and I owned him for ditching him so much. We would stay there for the whole two weeks.

We arrived in there driveway in 4 hours. My mum rushed out of the house and hugged me tight.

"I've missed you so much Madison!" She gushed. "Oh, and hello Brent."

"I missed you two mum." I responded. I carried my bags inside, and so did Brent, it looked the same. Cozy, small, and warm.

• - -

Niall's POV

We finished our tour early. I was so excited. I was going to be able to go back to Mullingar since our tour got canceled. I really needed the stress gone and I miss my mum so much.

The boys were already on their plane. I was just boarding my own. I basically slept through the entire flight home.

We landed and it was night and raining. I got my mum to pick me up.

"Maura is waiting for you outside." The flight attendant assured me. I smiled politely at her, then carried my bags to her car.

"Mum!" I yelled, running into her arms. It felt so good. I missed it all, her, the fresh scent of Mullingar, the sweet people here, everything else.

"Niall!" She screamed, tears of happiness running down her cheeks as we hugged. "C'mon, let's get going."

The car ride was just her talking and saying things like, "I love your music" and "did you get taller. You look a foot taller than me." And "why did it have to rain on such a perfect night?"

- • •

My mum carried my bags in my dad's house, since they were divorced and everything. While she was doing that, I saw an unfamiliar car in the Thorn's driveway. I jogged across the street over to their house. Just one more thing to fix...

I did Maddie and I's secret knock. I heard footsteps coming closer to the door. And it creaked open to reveille a small face, a face I missed most. More than everything, I looked down and straight in her eyes.

(Low quiet part right now!)

"Hey, I know I've been gone forever, I'm finally home tonight. Now that I'm here and never leaving your sight. I told you I was coming, sorry it took so long. I couldn't predict the weather, but you should know that I was on the first flight home." I said still looking in her eyes.

She stared in disbelief. Not able to process it all, but she somehow could. She ran into my arms. And hugged me tight. I and hugged her back.

Maybe I did grow, she was always taller than me, and now I'm a whole head taller than her.

"Niall," she whispered.

"Yeah,"

"I missed you." Was all she said, pulling apart. Now, I could see the tears streaming down her face. I whipped some of them off her face with my thumb, she looked...different.

She was wearing black skinny jeans, a blue tank with black jean jacket and heels. I mean okay, but the heels didn't even help! Then their was her "blonde" hair? Her hair was a beautiful black. Her midnight blue eyes stayed the same, thankfully.