45: August 27th, 2017

Colson 🤟🏻:
Come open your front door

Me:
What? It's 3AM

Colson 🤟🏻:
Yeah past your bedtime but you waited up for me, didn't you? So come open up so we can go to bed

Me:
Hold on

***

"You're insane, you know that," I stated, fighting a smile as I pulled open my door to see Colson grinning at me.

"I'm high. And I'm tired. Let me in."

I rolled my eyes and stepped back so he could enter my house for the first time. I shut the door behind me and turned to see Colson squatting down to pet my dog, Noon, who was sniffing his feet. "I cannot believe you're here," I stated.

Colson laughed and stood up. He turned to me and embraced me tightly. "I couldn't let you be all sad and lonely," he said.

"I'm still sad and lonely," I mumbled into his chest.

"Why? What's going on?" He asked, pulling back to look at me from arms length.

"Nothing," I shrugged.

"You're not happy to see me?"

"No. I am. I think... I'm really confused on why the hell you dropped everything to come see me."

"Because I care about you, duh," he said and I snorted, shaking my head. "Seriously. I do. Olivia, I really, really like you. I'm fucking amazed that I'm here too. Like... wow. You needed a hug and I flew four hours to you. Like what the fuck."

"I didn't ask you to do that..."

"What's the problem here?" He frowned, crossing his arms over his chest.

"You! You're confusing as hell. And you being here doesn't make me less lonely when..."

"When what?"

"When I know you're going to leave. And be with someone else."

"Liv—"

"Everyone has someone else. Everyone has someone! And... I'm alone and... I don't want to be."

"What do you want? What happened to your boy toy you wait by the phone for?"

"We haven't actually talked in weeks and he's seeing someone else."

"That's what's wrong. Okay. Come here," he said, pulling me back into his arms. "It's okay, baby."

"I like you too by the way," I admitted, wrapping my arms tightly around his tiny waist.

"I know you do," he chuckled, kissing the top of my head. He slowly let me go and then took me by the hand and looked around. "I have no idea where I am. Where's your bedroom? I'm exhausted. I want to cuddle and hear all about your days without me."

"I haven't seen you in almost three weeks. Felt like forever," I sighed leading the way.

"Same. I missed you."

When we made it to my bedroom, he shut the door behind us, then slipped his arms around my waist. I bit my lip waiting for him to do or say something next. My heart was racing and my body was tingling with electricity it seemed. "Colson—"

"Shhh... just let me hold you. I've been dying to have you in my arms like this," he said softly before placing a kiss where my neck and shoulder met.

"You can hold me all night. I want to cuddle in bed."

"Fuck, yeah. I'm so tired," he chuckled, letting me go and instantly stripping out of his clothes. I rolled my eyes and crawled into my queen size bed, pulling the covers back for him to slip in beside me. "I'm really confused on what's happening here," he laughed as he laid down next to me.