Chapter 5

Silence. An awkward silence ate us along the hallway. "So," He glanced at me before looking back at the crowded hallway. "It's been years and you still haven't changed. Still a small little girl." I glared at him, he looked at me and laughed trying to give me a pat on the head. "Hey!" I yelled and swatted his hand away.  I really hate head pats.

"Ow. The little girl's been a bad one huh?" He laughed harder rubbing his hand.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "I knew that was coming hahahah!" I gave out an evil laugh.

I saw him shaking his head and still laughing as we entered the cafeteria.

"Hey everyone. I'd like you to meet Andy. He's my childhood bestbriend that I've been talking to you about. And...guess what? He happens to be in the same class we are in." I introduced him to my friends.

"Hey Andy, Marvin's the name." Marvin gave him a kind smile and offered him a handshake.

"Stella by the way." Stella waved at him then continue browsing through her phone.

I looked at Matthew and found him just staring at Andy. It's been the first time I saw him like that.

I waved my hands infront of him. 
"Matthew?"

He shook his head and smiled at Andy.
"Hi, I'm Matthew Tyler. Welcome to our school.

I decided to sit down at the chair infront of them. I looked at Andy just staring at us.

"Come on, have a seat." I smiled.

He decided to sit beside me.

"So? What school are you from?" Marvin asked him.

"Well, I'm from Saint Louis Highchool." He replied.

"Why did you transfer here?" Stella asked.

"Well, I actually have no idea why." Andy said and shrugged his shoulders.

We all went silent for a while. Stella continued browsing through her phone, Marvin continued writing his speech, and Matthew was just staring at us. I decided to ask more about him.

"So, what do you do know?"

"Well, I... Play basketball. And I play the Piano."

"Oh really? That's nice."

Andy just let out a smile. Well he really seems to be half jock and half nerd.

The bell rang. We all went to Art Class, and Andy was inrtoduced to the whole class. He was assigned to be my seatmate. I noticed Matthew has been silent this morning. I wrote a note asking him how was he doing and put it on his desk. He read it and just looked at me and smiled.

So I guess he's fine.

I smiled back at him and went back on reading the book I borrowed this morning. I still can't help thinking about Matthew.

Why oh why did I ever like him? I mean. I don't know why I liked him even though I know I have no chance on having his heart.

                                ~•~•~

School was over. I was at the music room with other band members to practice for the incoming valentine's day. We chose songs for those people who are happy couples, singles, and broken hearted people.

"The keybord player backed out of the group." Sir Leonard sighed.

"What now?" we all cried. Thinking about a solution.

"How about another audition?" the other lead vocalist said.

"I think it's going to be difficult Angel, all students have their clubs."

An idea suddenly came up to me. More like a memory.

"Well, I... Play basketball. And I play the Piano."  Andy! That's right.

"Sir. I think I know someone who can back us up."

"Ms. Andrews, Please call that person then. We need a pianist ASAP."

I quickly ran to the gym and looked for Andy. But, he wasn't there. I'd thought he'd join here though. Since he plays basketball. I ran towards the judo room to see if Andy would be there. But I bumped into a guy's shoulder. "S-sorry." I mumbled.

"Oh, it's nothing." the guy chuckled.
I looked up to see who this tall guy was.

"Andy!"

"Katie. Hi."

"Have you chosen a club yet?"

"Uhhmm, actually no."

"I need your help. Would you like to join the music ministry as a pianist?"

"S-sure!"

"Yes! Yes! Thank you!" I jumped and hugged him out of joy. I felt him a little bit tensed.

"Oh, s-sorry. I'm just too excited."

Andy just gave me a light laugh. "Oh it's nothing."

"Now let's get to the music room."

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=

Matthew:

I was on my way to the judo room when I saw Katie and Andy just hugged. Wow.  They were on their way to somewhere.

"I don't have time to follow them. I'm late. Do what ever they want to!"

"Matt, what are you muttering there for? Come in. We need to start." I heard Marvin behind me. I calmed my expression and faced him.

"Let's go."

                              ~•~•~

Training wasn't ok today. I can't focus. Seeing Katie and that new guy together just keeps crossing my mind.

Come on Matt, it's no big deal... But they hugged.

I shook my head. Forcing my mind to forget about it. But it's still there no matter how I try. I love her, and I thought she does too. I can feel it, but I think I was just assuming. They were just things I thought had meanings, making such a big deal over nothing. I just thought... she feels the same.

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=

And the jealousy thingy comes in. Hope you enjoyed my short chapter >-<
See you in the next oneee <3