slow your homo

chapter two
"slow your homo"
stranger things

chapter two"slow your homo"stranger things

Theodore had a difficult time sleeping. This wasn't an uncommon problem, but was getting to the point of pure annoyance. He wished he could rest, but when his mind was on something, it wouldn't stop.

He couldn't stop thinking about Steve.

A few days had passed, and Theodore still couldn't think about Steve in his house. Talking, joking. The terrible quality of the television illuminating them. He had a lot to think about. He thought about the look on Steve's face when he'd opened the door. The relief of not being kicked out of the house. How Theodore had let him stay until it had gone past midnight and his mom still hadn't returned.

He kept thinking about the quiet words they'd passed. The silence filled by the television. They didn't have a lot to say, and Theodore wondered if he should've said something else, something more. He wasn't big on words, or those empathetic kinds of things ... he'd not had that much experience, and he'd secluded himself after things had happened.

But he wondered about Steve. He kept replaying the quiet bye Steve had whispered to him when he'd deemed it safe enough to go back home. Theodore had told him he could still stay for the night if he wanted to, that his mom would be fine with it because she didn't ask questions. Steve had just offered a sad sort of smile and left.

And he was mildly offended - though not that surprised - that Steve hadn't known his name. That had hurt him more than he thought it would. But he hadn't been that surprised. Theodore was shocked that Steve even knew he existed. Maybe it wasn't until Steve needed a place to run to, did he remember the boy living opposite him.

Theodore turned onto his side in his bed, sighing as he tried not to think about Steve. He hoped he was alright. Theodore wondered how things were going over the road at Steve's house. The silence felt heavy on Theodore, and before he knew it, he slipped out of bed and went downstairs. He avoided the creaks in the steps and soon found himself sitting on the windowsill in the living room.

He sighed as he rested his head against the wall, not really looking at anything in particular. If he ignored things enough, his eyes would go out of focus and everything would blur just enough.

Across the road, the lights weren't on in Steve's house. He hoped that Steve was alright, getting enough sleep. Theodore wondered if Steve would even remember his name when they rolled into school.

He curled up, keeping his body heat close, wishing the heating would fucking work. Theodore sighed as he stared out into the dark world. He wished he was asleep, that his mind would rest.

☆♡○◇○♡☆

Theodore rubbed at his eyes as he set off down the road to school. He had a total of three and a half hours worth of sleep. He was grateful he even got that. Sleep wasn't as common as it should've been.