secret russian base

chapter four
"secret russian base"
stranger things

chapter four"secret russian base"stranger things

Theodore sighed as he leaned against the wall. He was tired, and he didn't know what they were going to do. He looked at the buttons, just because he was bored. They didn't work. What were they supposed to do?

He, Robin and Steve had been up for most of the night, talking quietly to try and figure out how they could get back up there.

"We're just gonna have to wait until the Russians either send the elevator back up, or open it to get some stuff," Theodore said, tired of running around in circles for so long. He was sat down beside Steve, leaning against his side, tired as hell. Dustin and Erica had been sleeping, and Theodore wondered how they'd get them food if none of the boxes actually had any in them.

"And what happens when the Russians find us?"

"Either they kill us or I think of something smart in Russian and we don't get killed just yet." Theodore said, shutting his eyes as his head was laid on Steve's shoulder. "You got any other ideas, asshole?"

Steve didn't reply. But he did put his arm around Theodore so he would be a little more comfortable. Theodore had gotten maybe a few minutes of sleep at most, but it was better than nothing.

"Code red, I repeat a code red." Dustin was saying up on top of the elevator. It was slowly driving Theodore insane. He'd been doing it near constant since he'd woken up. Steve got up, wandering around the boxes.

It was pointless; how were they going to hear Dustin's signal when it took Cerebro to catch the Russian one? Theodore was slowly losing his damn mind.

"DUSTIN!" Theodore yelled, and Dustin quietened, surprised at the outburst. He saw the others jump at the shout. "Shut up about the code red, we're too far underground for the signal from your shitty radio to reach anything in the fucking mall! Give it a fucking rest!"

"You good?" Robin asked after a moment of silence. Steve had awkwardly gone up to check on Dustin. Erica had decided to mind her own business for the time being, looking through the boxes.

"I am just tired of hearing code red on repeat." He looked over at her, and they shared a look for a second before they started to laugh quietly.

"We're so fucked," she said, then grimaced at the sudden sound and visial of pee. "Can you redirect your stream, please?" she called to whoever was peeing. "Ugh."

They both looked over at the sound of banging. "Hey, don't do that," Theodore said, moving over to take the container out of Erica's hands. Robin said something similar, rushing to stop her too. "We don't know what that is, it could kill us."

"It could be useful," she countered, and Theodore raised an eyebrow at her, handing the green goop over to Robin, keeping it further from Erica's hands.

"Useful how?" Theodore and Robin said together.

Erica looked ready to retort. "We can survive down here a long time without food, but if the human body doesn't get water, it will die."