truth serum

chapter five
"truth serum"
stranger things

"Fuck!" Theodore winced as another punch hit its target

"Fuck!" Theodore winced as another punch hit its target. Behind his back, his hands were tied, and they clenched into fists each time he was hit.

"Tell me, who are you working for?" The man said. He was watching his brute friend beaet Theodore up. It wasn't going well for Theodore.

"Dude, I'm eighteen, I work for KFC, and I'm tired,"

He got punched again.

"How did you get in?"

"My friend, at Scoops Ahoy - his stupid delivery didn't come in. We thought it was at the loading dock, went into the room, but it shut on us and ended up being an elevator," he said through a mouthful of blood. The two men laughed at him. "The fuck is so funny, дурак?" he yelled. The two paused at the Russian insult. "You, ты сука, think you're so great at this? I'm fucking eighteen-years-old, and I somehow got trapped down here with your bullshit! You think I'm a spy, huh? Ever think I'm a Russian one?"

The two men shared a look, and Theodore hoped his limited Russian knowledge would get him, and the others, out of there.

The man that was in charge gave a single nod, and the brute backhanded Theodore so hard his vision went black and there were stars in his eyes. Theodore felt himself slip in and out of consciousness, which was enough for the first brute, and a second to come and drag him out of the room he'd been in.

They pulled him into another room and pushed him to the floor. He heard two other doors open, and heard Robin fighting back, trying to get free. She was pushed to the floor, and Theodore saw through his blurred vision that Steve was beside him, barely conscious.

"Theo? Steve?" she asked, sounding frantic as her tied hands went over Theodore's face. He winced at her touch.

Barely five seconds later, he heard someone hit Robin hard in the face. She fell back into Theodore, and the two groaned.

There was some Russian spoken, and Theodore looked up to see that there were in fact some chairs in their room.

"Fuck, this can't be good," he said, but the words came out slurred.

Theodore's chair was against Steve's, and Robin was in the singular chair, lifted up in its spot. It reminded Theodore of a dentist's chair the patient sat in. He could only see Robin and the guards that had hit him and presumably Steve.

"What did you do to them?" Robin asked, and Theodore was surprised he could even hear her; his ears had taken a few serious blows during the interrogation. He was surprised that they hadn't hurt Robin to the same extent as they had with him and Steve.

Theodore leaned back in his seat, trying to touch Steve, see if he could rouse him awake.

"I think your friend need a doctor. Good thing ... we have the very best." The man in charge said, walking from Theodore's seat to Robin's. He grinned maliciously at him before he turned to look at the soldiers, laughing. They joined in.