erica in america

chapter three
"erica in america"
stranger things

Robin had gotten the information out of him once they'd had a moment alone

Robin had gotten the information out of him once they'd had a moment alone. She'd just given him a certain look of hers, and he'd admitted that Jamie had kissed him. After a little poking, Theodore admitted how weird it made him feel, the discomfort. She'd just nodded, told him things would be OK, and she'd kick Jamie's teeth in if he touched Theodore again.

She meant well, and he appreciated it.

Dustin told them about the guy who had the keycard when he'd returned from the rooftop. Dustin had gone there during the day, just to have a better visual. The man he saw had a big gun, and probably wouldn't let them just take the key card. Theodore figured him knowing Russian wouldn't help either.

"... whatever's in this room, whatever's in those boxes, they really don't want anybody finding it." Dustin said as he paced back and forth. Robin, Theodore and Steve were sat at the table. Robin was fiddling with her scooper as Steve twirled his hat around.

"But there's gotta be a way in," Robin said, frowning as she thought.

Steve blew into his hat to return it to how it used to be. "Well, y'know, I could just take him out."

The three of them looked at Steve incredulously.

"Take who out?" Robin inquired, eyebrows raised as she looked across at Steve.

"The Russian guard."

Theodore shook his head, wondering how he'd managed to fall in love with such an idiot. "Did you ignore the fact that he has a huge gun?"

"Hey!" Steve reached over and thwacked Theodore's arm. "I could sneak up behind him, I knock him out, and then I take his keycard, it's easy."

Theodore looked over at Dustin and Robin to check if they had heard what he had. "Steve. This guy is an angry Russian guard with a gun, and no Russian has patience. He will kill you if he sees you."

Steve gave Theodore an annoyed look. "Which is why I'd be sneaking," he said, fingers going over the table as a poor imitation.

"Please tell me this, and be honest, have you ever actually ... won a fight?" Dustin asked, and Theodore snorted.

"OK, that was one time -"

"Two," Theodore said at the same time as Dustin. "Jonathan, year prior?" Dustin continued, and Theodore wanted to see Dustin be cheeky to Steve more often.

"Listen, that doesn't count," Steve said, tight smile on his face.

Theodore laughed. "Why wouldn't it? Because it looks like he beat the shit out of you," Dustin said as Robin and Theodore shared a look, amused at the two having another brotherly spat.

Robin looked away from them and Theodore saw her expression change as her eyes landed on something. "What?" Theodore asked, following her gaze. Oh. "That works," he said when Robin looked back at him to see if he'd caught on.