mom's pissed but you know what i am

chapter seven
"mom's pissed but you know what i am"
stranger things

"Where the fuck have you been?" Mary demanded, glaring at her son as he stood in the living room, covered in a bit of blood and some gunk

"Where the fuck have you been?" Mary demanded, glaring at her son as he stood in the living room, covered in a bit of blood and some gunk. "You just - you vanished! Do you even know what I thought had happened?"

Theodore looked down at the floor, guilt in his heart.

Mary was still going. "You don't get to do that to me, Theodore Isaac Smith! The gun goes missing, so does your bow and most of your arrows! You're missing! We -" she paused, pressing her fingers to the bridge of her nose. "We already lost Abel. I - I don't even know what happened to you, and I know for a fact that I could've lost you tonight."

Fuck.

"Mom -"

She glared at him. "No. I'm talking, you're listening."

Theodore nodded, and wondered how Joyce and Chief Hopper felt on either side of him. They'd get their own turn at Annoyed Mary's Motherly Anger. It wasn't often that his mom got mad; she hadn't had much to be mad at, but now she was standing there, fuming. Her face was red and she was not impressed.

"You're ... you're fucking grounded." Mary shook her head, disappointed and sad. She sounded tired. "I'm taking the gun and your bows, your arrows, everything. You're not allowed them back. You're banned from archery until I say otherwise."

He didn't even butt in; it was probably a fair punishment. It was probably not that bad of a punishment, considering what he'd pulled.

"And you're going to tell me what the hell this disappearing act was for."

Hopper tried to step in. "Ma'am, with all due respect -"

"With all due respect, Jim, I am within seconds of beating you within an inch of your life! You had my son with you - you know what it's like to lose a child. And you know Theodore nearly died last night. So tell me, Chief of Police, what the fuck did you do with my son?"

Theodore sighed, pressing dirty hands to his face. "We stopped an interdimensional monster from taking over our world and from killing Will Byers. Also, Billy Hargrove beat me up a bit because I'm fucking queer and he tried to beat up a kid because said kid is black and is friends with his sister. Alright?"

There was a beat of silence. Theodore smiled a little, nodding his head.

"Right. Glad we had this talk, I'm off to shower and then sleep." Theodore turned around and left, leaving the adults to talk.

☆♡○◇○♡☆

"Baby," Mary said. She had come into the bedroom and sat on Theodore's bed. She'd not spoken for a while. Theodore had taken a long shower, but the water didn't drown out the angry yelling Mary had directed at Hopper and Joyce. "Jim and Joyce told me everything. But they didn't tell me what you did. Not really."