Ch:1Another Day

The sound of chatter and steps filled the hallways as I sat down in front of my desk,checking all gains from last month.

Last month,our gain was rather low.We must need to increase interest to the public if we want to win the contest against that company.Now then,where did I put that copy?

"I should just ask Kanno to bring me an extra copy..."I rubbed my eyes,seeing the whole pile of work that had to be done.

Who knew being a president of a company was going to be such a hard work!Especially since I didn't even have secretary...

Why were all the applicants so monotonous?None of them were at the standards needed.Yes,they came from good school.Yes,some of them already had experience in working in a company..But none of them had a spark in their eyes that showed interest!

I train of thoughts was abruptly stopped when I heard the sound of the door knocked.

"Come in!"I grabbed a nearby pen and tapped the desk with it out of boredom.

A rough voice started to talk,"Sir,we had found-"

"What had I told you,Kanno!Call me Todoroki.I feel more at ease when you call me like that."

"Er,alright.Todoroki,we had found a good applicant that we all believe suits the requirements."I glanced at Kanno and saw that his hands was shacking as he clutched on his notepad.

'Now that's strange.'

"Make an appointment for the applicant to meet me one day.Preferably a Friday."I spin my office chair so that I would face the window.

'What a boring day...'

"Todoroki,tomorrow is Friday.Would tomorrow be a suitable day then?"I turned around to him and saw as his legs were shaking.

'Something is definitely off...'

"Tomorrow...Alright then,tomorrow it will be.Preferably at 10am."I sighed as I glanced once again to the pile of work."

"Alright then!At 10am it will be!"Kanno was on his back as I suddenly remembered something.

"Oh wait!Kanno!"I stood up so abruptly that my office chair fell down,bumping on the desk and causing the stack of papers to fall down.

"I'll pick them up for you,sir!"Kanno hurriedly started to pick up the opera when I stopped him.

"I can pick them up,don't worry.After all I threw them down.I only ask you to print me a copy out current gain."I kneeled down started to pick up the papers.

"Y-Yes!Okay!I'll take my leave then!"Kanno,nervously,exited my office as I stared at the papers in the ground.

"Indeed,what a boring and tedious day..."

After what seems an eternity,all the papers were organized in their assigned subject.During that time,Kanno gave me the copy I asked for which I was now reading.

'Goodness!The income is having a downfall!How can that be?I suppose many people aren't interested in the autumn season perfume...When did I ever ask to be the president of a multi-millionaire company that sells perfumes?!'

The same thought kept on racing around my head:'I'd be able to get more work done if I had a secretary.'

I mean,it wasn't my fault that my ex-secretary was sending our information to rival companies.But why now!When we aren't so good financially and socially!?

Someone once again knocked on my door."Come in!"

I bit the tip of the pen I was holding out of boredom and stopped once Miya was in front of me,Kanno's secretary.

"What's the matter?"Isn't she supposed to be working with the Kanno right now in finance?

"Sir,when are you leaving?Not to be rude or anything!Its just that everyone else already left."She stared nervously at me again and looked away when we locked eyes.

'Everyone already left?Wasn't it just the afternoon a few minutes ago?'

"What time is it,Miya?"I looked at the window and saw it was dark already.

"9:30 pm..."

"Already?!?!"I jumped up from my chair and grabbed several documents to take home and shoved it in my bag."I'm so sorry!I have to leave right now!"I bowed down apologetically which made Miya flustered as she smiled nervously.

I ran to catch the elevator and went down to the garage.

'They will definitely not be happy I'm coming this late back home!'

I started my car and drove as fast as I could-or at least what the speed limit allowed-back home.

My home wasn't really that far from work,around 15-20 minutes driving I'd say.Good thing there was no traffic,surprisingly,which allowed me to get home faster.

I drove up to the front door of my home which was technically a mansion-I never like calling it like that-that had all the lights on.

"I tell them all the time to keep the lights off in the rooms they're not using!'

I locked my car and paced to the front door.I took out my keys and tried to find the key that suited the lock but instead,someone opened the door.

I entered and found everything to be quiet.Too quiet.

Suddenly,a bunch of footsteps came from the kitchen and I was about to be squashed by a stampede.

"Daddy!Why're you so late?!"

"Yeah!You said you'll have dinner with us!!!Not fair!!!"

Ah yes,my day wasn't fully complete without these 6 little rascals.They were truly little brats.But they were my brats.Who else did my 6 kids have in this life apart from me?

It's just us 7 and it's perfect.

Or at least that's what I thought.Who knew my life would have a whole turn.
———————————————————————————
Word Count:960 Words

Hahaha...y'all missed me..?

*gets yeeted across the room*

Okay okay okay so I'm sorry I hadn't updated.I had been super just with studies and...I kinda didn't have an idea on what to publish:edit Big Bad Wolf Or start a new story.I believe y'all know the answer to that one now.I have a huge line of future stories to publish but I need to start with this one to get some practice for a future one....UwU

Anyways,I don't really know how long this story would be so....

Word Count:1056 words