𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 • 𝐭𝐰𝐨

arriving at the destination, all the cars raced for the main parking spots, lenny's car pulling up last.

the adults unloaded the cars, angela grabbing her backpack that held most of her stuff. the group headed up to the front door preparing for a weekend of the parent's childhood.

something caught one of feder's kids eyes, the youngest, becky.

"daddy what's that machine doing?" becky asked her lenny, pointing towards it putting everyone's attention on it.

"it's getting rid of the moths honey" he replied with no change in tone.

"where they taking them?" she asked another question.

"hell" marcus replied earning himself a smack on the arm from his only daughter.

"don't say that higgins" lenny spoke looking towards angela's father giving him a look.

"oh sorry not hell, mexico" he corrected himself.

"it's giving them electricity so the moths fall asleep, electrically" lenny said once more.

"it's electrocuting them" becky said panicked, the bugs were dying.

"no no no no" lenny tried calming his daughter down, he was done with this conversation.

"but daddy they are dying" she said

"it's killing them!" charlotte and donna said in unison, just as panicked as the younger girl now.

"yep" angela spoke answering for lenny, smirking.

"daddy no!" becky shouted, gripping onto angel's hand with her spare one.

lenny had, had enough. he grabbed the bug zapper and turned it off, grabbing one of the stuck moths. he threw it, the moth just floating to the ground.
"oh he's still sleeping"

charlotte and andre's grandmother ended up flattening it, definitely finishing it off. angela looked sadly down at becky, the young gir being gutted about the moth.

as the group all entered, rob stood at the front with his arms out, "welcome back to 1978 everybody."

everyone looked around in amazement, the kids seeing this for the first time and the adults living in nostalgia.

the lake house was truly beautiful, no matter how old it was it didn't look old and broken, it looked like a welcoming home.

the largest room got donated to all seven kids.

greg and keithie walked straight up to the tv staring at it in confusion, "hey dad, what's the big box attached to the back of the tv?" greg asked his father.

"that's the rest of the tv. they didn't always have flat screens there sport" lenny said defeated, he knew his friends wasn't going to let this one down.

"wow that is some stone aged schniznet" keithie added, making angela laugh but she caught it with her hand, not wanting anyone to feel stupid.

she looked around the room admiring it, but she did have one question. how in the hell was this room meant to fit all seven children? was everyone going to top and tail? some on the floor? she assumed they would just figure that out when it became night time.

- an hour later -

keithie and greg sat at the tv playing the video game they brought, no surprise there. charlotte and angela sat on the window seats drawing, not knowing what else to do with this spare time. the rest of the kids were somewhere else in the house.

but the parents had, had enough. lenny was the first to come through, picking up greg and keithie and slinging them on his shoulders leaving the room. then came in kurt picking up charlotte and running out the room to find andre. angela looked around in confusion, only when her dad came in and picked her up and put her on his shoulders.

she wasn't sure why her father didn't just ask her to go outside, he didn't have to go through all this trouble to get his sporty kid outside.

the group trekked through the woods, the children listening to the parents tell them stories about their childhood, fascinated.

lenny soon spotted a rope and egged on eric to do it, and after some convincing he was up for it. it didn't end well though. eric didn't let go smashing into a tree and landing on the ground with a loud thud.

he then screamed out in pain, with what looked like a bone sticking out his legs. angela screamed in disgust but eric quickly laughed it off, satisfied he tricked all of them into thinking a stick was a bone.

"daddy that birds hurt" becky said gaining everyone's attention. she was right, eric had landed right onto a bird.

"i'll get the bird" angela volunteered

"i'll get a shoe box" lenny said running off.

angela knelt down near the bird being careful not to scare it and easily scooping it up.

"how did you do that with such ease?" greg asked standing next to the girl as the group headed back to the lake house.

"it was easy, if you don't poke at it and calm it down, it will let you pick it up. it knew i wouldn't hurt it" she smiled as the bird relaxed in her hands, then looking up at greg who was staring at her in awe.

"what? is there something on my face" her face got red, with embarrassment.

"no, that's just amazing" greg said in admiration causing the girl's cheeks to grow redder.

"t-thanks"