Chapter 9

Wing Ding Gaster. I repeat the name in my head a few times. At first it sounds a little strange, but the words fit together. "Most of the monsters refer to him as W.D. Gaster," Grillby continues, giving a small shrug, "I just call him Gaster, as do most of the monsters who know him personally." I nod, messing with the thin blanket that was placed on the bed.

"So when do I get to meet him?" I ask, Atlantia walking over with a plastic cup, containing two white pills. Pain pills. I thank her, tossing my head and downing the pills with my tea. The warm tea began to break down the pills, leaving a nasty taste in my mouth. At this point anything to take the pain away is welcome in my book.

"Whenever he decides to show up and you happen to be here," Grillby says, "Which reminds me. Can you give us some time to talk?" He looks at Toriel and Atlantia, both of them nodding.

"Of course," Toriel smiles, grabbing my empty plate and walking out, followed by the purple monster. He waits for them to walk out the door, before moving to sit beside me on the bed.

"I need a smoke," he mutters, shaking his head and then bringing his eyes to look up at me. He reaches up, his thumb running over the handprint on my face. It still stings, but it probably looks worse than what it really is. "Your father did that to you?" Back to this. I sigh, nodding. "Then why did you say it was your fault?"

"He did this to me because he figured out I had been hanging around monsters despite his orders for me not too. I would do it again in a heartbeat, don't get me wrong. Ultimately though, this happened because I wasn't smart enough to cover my tracks," I answer, taking another sip of my tea, now growing cold. I'm not really a big fan of tea anyways, so when it gets cold I just can't drink it. Oh the miracle of a microwave. I'm more of an apple person in the morning, they have more caffeine than coffee or tea do. Amazing.

"Samantha, you're father being, excuse me, but him being an asshole isn't your fault. I'm no profiler, but to me he sounds like a sexist and racist man who obviously needs some anger management classes," Grillby says, wrapping an arm around me. He rubs my shoulder lightly. "Now, if I'm not intruding too much, but how long has this been going on?"

"You should have asked how long it was before I was abused. The answer would have been smaller," I answer, his fire crackling and popping in response to me. "Fine, since. . .I remember being a kid. Nathan was born but he was still a baby. I don't even remember what he was mad about. I was just sitting there in the living room playing. Next thing I knew he grabbed my arm and started beating me. He didn't have to worry about hiding any of the bruises. Mom was too scared of him to say anything and I was homeschooled," I wipe a few escaping tears from my skin, sniffling. "I'm sure you saw the scars on my back. I have some on my legs, my thighs. Man, you thought I couldn't walk today. You should have seen me trying to walk after that one." I laugh at myself, shaking my head free of the painful memories. He stays quiet, thinking.

"Are you going back?" he asks softly after a few minutes. I knew that question was coming but I didn't want it to. Not yet.

"I have to. I don't belong here." He turns towards me in surprise of what I just said. He moves away from me slightly, removing his arm from around me. His mouth hangs open slightly, almost as if he doesn't know what to say. Almost.

"Bull. You belong here with us more than you do those damn humans," he begins to glow blue again as he continues to talk, "No one will do that to you here. No one here will treat you like the other humans do," he says, getting off the bed and kneeling in front of me with one quick motion. The warmth of his hands spreads over my arms, him gripping them lightly. Even as he was still talking, my head was shaking back and forth.

"You know I can't do that," I reply, closing my eyes.

"Why not? Toriel will make sure you have a nice room made up. Hell, you can sleep in my room if you need to. We can even make up a story. Monsters kidnapped you or. . ." I stop him with a hand.