Halloween Special

AN
I promised a Halloween special, you guys got it. This takes places in kind of another world, but still kinda goes along with the main story. You guys are smart, you'll figure it out.

~~~~~

A long time ago, three races lived together: humans, monsters, and shifters. To say they lived in peace would be a lie. At the time, humans and monsters were peaceful, but still wary of each other. But the shifters were not kind to anyone, they were in every essence the very creatures that children were taught to be scared of. For good reasons. Despite their name, these shifters acted as parasites, taking over a human body and wreaking havoc. Monsters are immune to these creatures, but that wouldn't stop them being brutally dusted from the yellow-eyed humans, a tell-tale sign they were infected. It was not uncommon to find a household full of blood and dust, scaring the entire population.

Working together, the monsters and humans managed to destroy the remnants of the shifters using the magic of the monsters, and the biological weapons of the humans. Or at least they thought they did. From then on, the humans and monsters lived together in peace, working together and creating a new generation. No one could be happier.

~~~~~

"Scared? You actually think I get scared of anything?" I laugh, adding the finishing touches to my sugar skull makeup. Grillby smirks, fixing his shirt.

"Well, you did jump when you heard that chainsaw on TV last night. . ." He trails off, making me playfully glare at him in the mirror. He begins to laugh to himself softly, moving to rest his hand on my waist.

"I'm gonna get you back for that. Today is Halloween, and I'm very good at scaring people," I point threateningly at him with my makeup brush, glittery purple powder on the end of it. His laugh grows louder as he stares at my face.

"Yes, cause that make-up is truly terrifying." I frown, going back to the mirror and trying to perfect the last touches of my costume. The glittery makeup is surprisingly not going everywhere, but the glitter falling off my clothes is. It looks like a fairy farted in here.

"Hey, you can't deny I look good," I smile, blowing the rest of the makeup off the brush and setting it back down in the drawer. I shove the remaining supplies in the drawer as well, finally shutting it as Grillby pulls his hand away from my body. More glitter falls, following his hand. He looks at it, shaking it for a moment to try and get the rest off. It's a fruitless venture, most of the glitter not budging from his hand. He sighs, cursing quietly and letting his hand drop. "Hah, karma. Now come on, I want a snack while we wait," I walk out of the bathroom, walking to Grillby's kitchen with the fire monster following. He lets me have a few drawers in the house, but I don't live with him. Not yet. "Speaking of which, has anyone texted you at all?" He shakes his head, pulling his phone out to check as he leans against the counter.

"No, but he should be on his way here soon." That's odd. He usually is pretty good about staying on time. Unless he stayed up late last night doing college work. He's had a tendency of doing that lately, which is exactly why he needs to come out to the amusement park with us today. With my stomach grumbling in protest of my lack of food, I grab a lollipop from a candy bag sitting on the counter. Unwrapping the brightly colored sucker, the candy is a bright blue, tasting like blueberries.

"Hey, you want a drink?" I ask through the sweet piece of candy, voice muffled slightly. I reach up to open the cabinet, Grillby beginning to walk up behind me and mumbling a yes. Opening the cabinet to grab two cups, something begins to yell. Grillby yelps and jumps away, Gaster ceasing his screaming. I'm unamused as I grab two cups and close the cabinet door again.

"Hey! You didn't even jump!" Gaster's head yells from inside the cabinet. Grillby clutches his chest, breathing heavy from the sudden scare. I pat his shoulder, kissing his cheek.

"Calm down, honey. It was just Gaster," I say, glittery purple lipstick now on his skin. He looks over at me, grumbling with a frown on his face. "Karma, in the best way possible," I giggle, moving away and grabbing the two of us drinks. From around the corner, a skeleton walks over to the cabinet. It almost falls over a few things, using the counter to keep it up. Gaster puts his head back on, rolling his neck around for a moment with a wide smile on his face.

"Well, at least I got one of you to jump," Gaster's pupils glow brightly, happily. "Maybe I need to get a chainsaw next time." He crosses his arms as I stop pouring drinks, looking back at Grillby in disbelief.

"You told him about that?" He doesn't say anything, looking between the two of us. Little twerp. "Alright, no more cuddles for you, sir." I finish pouring the drinks, reluctantly handing one to Grillby. He gives me an apologetic smile, thanking me and wrapping an arm around my shoulders. I huff, leaning against him.

"That's the costumes you two chose? Day of the Dead?" Gaster asks, raising an eyebrow. My eyes scan over his own clothes, not anymore impressive that what we are wearing.

"Coming from the monster who is wearing a pumpkin sweater with black skinny jeans," I retort, taking the lollipop out of my mouth. He gasps softly, turning his chin up from me in offense.

"How dare you. Pumpkins are the true terror of Halloween, meant to scare away any spirits who dare come near," his overdramatic performance leaves Grillby and me laughing a little more than we probably should have been. Once I manage to get myself to calm down, I set my drink to the side and reach into Grillby's pocket to grab the car keys. They jingle as I swing them around my finger, popping the lollipop back into my mouth.

"Well, Pumpkin, are you ready to go, or do you still need to get your head straight?" I walk past him, sticking my tongue out at the tall skeleton. We always poke fun at each other. What else are friends for?