Folk Music

You're stoked the city of Frankenmuth is having a folk festival for the first time and you and your friend Amanda were going. The headline was Hozier (Not sure he is folk google says so, and he is badass) He was super popular among you and your friends back in 2013 when he released his first album. Man listening to him takes you back to the twins, listening to him while you guys hung out by the lake. You grew up with those boys, and you missed them dearly. They got famous and went on tour you haven't seen or heard from them in forever it's like they forgot about you. One of your favorite memories with the boys was junior prom, Josh took his girlfriend at the time and nobody asked you so Jake took you, It was amazing such a good night. you wished you could have spent the rest of your life in his arms. you didn't realize you had tears rolling down your cheek until Amanda walked in.

"Hey lovely, wait are you crying?"

You sniffed "Yeah, I guess I didn't realize" you said with a meek smile

"You should call them y/n, I'm sure they miss you too"

"No, if they wanted to talk the would have reached out, they just moved on"

"Well cheer the fuck up because we are going to see Hozier, we leave in an hour" You shook your head and got up going to the closest. What to wear you thought to yourself. You grabbed your vintage Bob Dylan, some high waisted shorts, and a hat. You headed in the bathroom to braid your hair and threw on some light makeup. You meant Amanda downstairs and she was ready to go, in the car you guys were listening to the radio. The next thing you know you heard a familiar riff on the radio.

"No way it's like they won't leave my fucking head today" you said frustrated

"YOU SHOULD TEXT THEM"

"uggh, maybe I'll get the balls to"

"they probably miss you too, Jake for sure misses you. I saw the way he looked at you"

"Yeah that's why it's been 6 months, and no word" you said rolling your eyes you guys pulled in to the parking lot and made your way to the main stage. You guys got all the way up to the front beside the area for VIP. The first couple of sets were great you and Amanda were having a good time drinking and dancing. During the break to set up for the main opener you noticed a little bit of commotion in front of you, you looked to try and catch a glimpse as to what the big deal was. You felt your body go numb when you saw the back of a short curly headed boy posing for a photo with a younger girl. Amanda saw him too and immediately looked at you. You were stunned

"This can't be real, Amanda. Tell me I'm dreaming"

"Nope y/n that is Josh in the flesh"

"This can't be happening"

"Y/n don't kill me" Amanda said with a look her eye

"Amanda don't" scared of what is coming next

"HEY JOSH" she yelled Josh's head snapped in the direction of the loud yell he searched the crowd until his eyes landed on. You immediately saw his eyes brighten and the biggest smile he said goodbye to the fan surrounding him and made his way over you.

Josh- "Holy shit if it isn't the lights of my life," he said walking over to you giving you a big hug whispering in your ear "I missed you so much"

"I missed you to Josh" he let go and hugged Amanda

Josh- "How have you ladies been, hows college?"

Amanda- "Good, we are living the dream" giggling

you- "Yeah it's going okay" you said dryly

Amanda- "How are you and the boys, How's touring?"

Josh- "Good, we all are good I don't think it has sunk in how we get to perform for our job. We miss home a lot, this is the first break in forever. Jake is here somewhere, he is gonna die when he sees y/n. He missed her so much, never shuts up" you were nervous when he said Jake was there it would be only a matter of time before he saw you

you- "If I'm being honest I miss you guys a ton too"

Josh- "I should have guessed you guys would be here, I see the love for Hozier hasn't died"

You- "Of course I still love Hozier, Guess who we heard on the radio on our way here?"

Josh- "I have no clue, who"

You- "Greta Van Fleet, I'm so proud of you guys. Even if you did forget about us in Frankenmuth"

Josh- "We didn't forget about you guys, that could never happen" the conversation was interrupted by some commotion to the left the next thing you saw was Jake. When he saw you he froze and his jaw dropped. He walked over to you and wrapped you in the biggest hug "I missed you so much, darling"

"I missed you more jakey" you guys hugged for what felt like forever "I'm sorry I never reached out, I'm an idiot" he whispered in your ear. "Yeah you are, I missed the sound of your voice" he let go of you and looked in your eyes, you could see happiness & longing in his eyes. He then said a quick hi to Amanda, and was back talking to you, he walked around the VIP section so there wouldn't be a fence between you two. You guys talked about everything under the sun, catching up while listening to the opener before Hozier. When it was time for Hozier to come out you were so stoked and so was Jake.

Halfway through the set, you heard the beginning of Strike start to play you looked over at Amanda who was watching in awe, her head snapped towards you when she recognized it. It was your favorite at the moment you started to sway when you felt two arms turn you around. You were now facing Jake as he wrapped his arms around your waist and danced with you, you smiled up at him, he was already looking at you. He leaned in to whisper in your ear. "This reminds me of one of the best nights of my life, I never wanted to let you go that night at prom" you were surprised to hear Jake say this, you only thought it meant something to you "I missed you so fucking much doll, not a day went by where I didn't want you" Your face heated up at his words "I missed you to Jake, I also thought about you every day too" He pulled away and looked you in the eyes then down at your lips then back at your eyes. you heard him mumbled "Fuck it" he grabbed your chin and kissed you with so much passion and you kissed him back with the same force. You just swayed with Jake for the rest of the night.