Waiting & Wanting

Yet another day goes by and no word from Sam it's been 4 months, it's the last week of the summer and you haven't heard from him at all. You called him every day the first month he was gone but you got nothing, You thought about calling his brothers but you didn't want to push it, It was crystal clear that he wanted nothing to do with you anymore. You guys weren't dating but you were really good friends with benefits, he spent all most every night with you until he ghosted. You only remembered getting super drunk the last time you saw him, it tore you apart to not have him in your life. You were helplessly in love with him, you couldn't help but wonder if you had said something that night. Tears began to flood out of your eyes when there was a knock on your door when the door opened it reviled your best friend Stacy.

"Get up, and go shower" she demanded

"I don't feel like it" you mumbled

"Y/n you can't just give up and stay in bed, we have barely done anything this summer, it's the last week of summer before senior year and Nick is having a party, and we are going"

"Do I get any say?" you said as you were sitting up wiping your eyes

"Nope," she said giving you a small smile grabbing your hand and forcing you in the bathroom you got and the shower and washed away the tears. When you were finished Stacy helped you get ready. You guys left your house and made your way to Nick's party. When you guys arrived your friends were pleased to see you. Nick approached you

"Haven't seen you around, you go on tour with Sammy for a little bit" you felt your heart sink, Sam was on tour and didn't even tell you. you shook your head no and your face went stone cold "I didn't know he was on tour, I haven't been out much" you faked a smile "Oh, I figured if anybody talked to him it would be you" you just shook your head

"Nah, We haven't spoken" Nick could tell you were sad he pulled you into a quick hug "Well, I'm glad you made it, summers been a drag without you" he laughed making you smile your attention was now towards the group of people greeting someone, suddenly the crowd split a little reviling none other than Sam Kiszka, you heart dropped he look gorgeous and happy you felt tears coming to your eye threating to pour-over. Nick left you at the drink table to go greet Sam, you felt like you were frozen, you tried to move but you couldn't take your eyes off of him, you didn't realize you were crying until you felt them fall off your face. He looked so happy which started to angry you, how could he just leave with no word and everything be fine. he looked around till he saw you his face dropped for a moment but he recovered quickly. You tore your eyes away from him and made your way to the front of the house texting Stacy that you were just gonna walk home. You were full-on crying when you heard someone calling out for you, you stopped as a hand grabbed your arm.

"Y/n" Sam stated

"Let go Sam" you said with your voice small

"Please, Let me explain" he turned you around you avoided his eyes

"What is there to explain you're obviously fine, nothing effected you at all"

"That's not true"

"I waited and waited, but you never came back. You never called, texed or anything. How could you do that to me?" you voice cracked and tears streamed down your face

"y/n I didn't know how to tell you I was leaving for 4 months"

"Were you ever going to tell me?"

"I tried many times I just didn't want to ruin the moment"

"Ruin the moment, you ruined more than a moment. You completely destroyed me Sam, do you get that?" you raised your voice a little Sam looked completely broken, you continued "I needed you and you never answered, You just left I went from spending every day with you to not hearing from you for four fucking months. This is the first night I left the house" you were full-on crying, Sam was crying too and pulled you to his chest. "I wanted to call but I knew it would make things worse, I thought it would make me miss you less. I knew if I told you bye I wouldn't want to leave y/n" he spoke so softly while rubbing your back "That wasn't fair, I know what we were doing wasn't smart and it was no strings but I was attached, you knew that. I made it very clear. I understand it was just sex to you Sam, but you owed me an explanation"

"Y/n it was way more to me than just sex, you were never just a quick fuck. hell, I'm so hopelessly in love with you, it scares me Sunshine, that's why I couldn't tell you bye. The last night we spent together you told me you loved me, I couldn't tell you bye, it wouldn't have been too hard" he said crying you broke the hug and looked into his eyes he brought his hands to your face and wiped away the smudged mascara then he rubbed his thumb down you jaw "I love you y/n, so much"

"I love you too Sam" he brought your lips to his and kissed you passionately when you separated he looked at you and smiled "I want you to be mine?"

"Yeah, Lucky for you I've always wanted to be yours" he smiled pulling you back in for a kiss