iv.

tainted dreams | chapter four
___

tainted dreams | chapter four___

___

*unedited, so please excuse possible mistakes and let me know if i missed anything*

Rosalie Evans, the present

Entering the Avengers Compound after nine months of being on the run felt surreal. And knowing that one of the most important people in her life was inside -that was even more surreal.

And it gave Rosalie a new purpose in life. Protecting Tony and Nat, so they didn't leave her life as prematurely as Peter did.

Her parents were gone as well. As surprising as it might have been, she was okay with it. They never acted as normal parents so the girl never adapted to their life as a family.

She was sad, of course. But it didn't stop her from sleeping at night.

Upon entering the building, Nat gave her some time to take her bag up to her old bedroom, untouched since she left it. Opening the door, Rosalie smiled like she hadn't done in what felt like ages.

It was just as she had left it.

Her backup suit was still hanging inside the special closet Tony had built inside the wall, it's black elastic material calling out her name. Her books were still neatly placed on the shelves and posters were still hanging from the walls.

Everything was as she had left it.

There was a note on the small bedside table, written in Steve's neat handwriting. The information written on it was nothing new to the girl; she had felt their deaths that day, and she continued to feel the pain of losing her  two best friends.

Michelle and Mary Jane are gone. I'm sorry.

The gesture was sweet but Rosalie didn't want to dwell on it at the moment. She had other pressing issues to take care of.

One of them was following Nat down the stairs.

Before they walked any further into the living quarters, Nat stopped Rosalie in her tracks and warned her about the team's current instability.

"Tony is drained -both emotionally and physically." Nat embraced her and ran her slender fingers through the girl's blonde hair. "You need to be careful with your words, and don't hug him too tingly. He's fragile."

She sounded like a worried mother as she spoke about Tony and how much he has already recovered since arriving. According to her, Steve had been trying to talk to Tony since he came back home, always met with a shut door and silence.