vii.

tainted dreams | chapter seven
___

unedited, so please tell me if you find any mistakes!! ___

___

As she ran to the locked gates, Rosalie felt her heart pump with a sudden feeling of relief. Perhaps it was just her body telling her to slow down, but she knew it was something more.

The fact that Scott was here and the way he desperately asked to be let in, that have Rosalie some faith that they could, in fact, find a solution to their problems.

A solution that they hadn't found in the past five years.

"Who are you?" Scott asked with a frown in his face, probably expecting one of the more influential heroes. And he didn't remember Rosalie from their fight in Germany.

"Rosalie." The blonde opened the gate and motioned for him to drive his van to the entrance of the compound. "I helped kick your team's ass in Germany."

Smirking at his speechless reaction, Rosalie used her powers to speed back to the front door, waiting for Scott's old and slow van to reach her. Once it did, Scott had a funny look on his face which made the blonde laugh out loud.

"Not funny. This van has been parked for five years, it's a miracle it's still funcional."

"Barely." Was Rosalie's reply before guiding him to the office.

Rosalie and Nat never let the building get too dirty. Once Tony left with Pepper, maintenance of every spot of the compound was delegated to the pair and they took that as their most important task. Every weeknd, the women would sweep the floors and wipe the spider webs away.

That last task was never given to Rosalie. Spiders reminded her of everything she had lost.

As soon as they entered the office where Steve and Nat stood, Scott started to pace worriedly around in front of the trio, irritating the living hell out of Rosalie.

"Scott. Are you okay?" Steve asked, always the worried hero.

"Yeah. I'm fine." Scott struggled to ask about something, finally blurting it out after a few more seconds of nerve-wracking pacing. "Have you ever studied Quantum Physics?"

"He's nuts." Rosalie raised his hands in surrender. "There, I said it."

"Only to make conversation." Nat gave her a glare and crossed her arms in front of her chest.

"Alright. So, five years ago, right before Thanos, I was in a place called the Quantum Realm. The Quantum Realm is like its own microscopic universe. To get in there, you have to be incredibly small." Scott nodded as he spoke, making less and less sense as the words splurged from his mouth. "Hope, she's my... She was my... She was supposed to pull me out. And then Thanos happened, and I got stuck in there."