xii.

tainted dreams | chapter twelve
___

___double update? who am i xD it's a long chapter, so please get some popcorn (and tissues) before you start reading!___

___
double update? who am i xD it's a long chapter, so please get some popcorn (and tissues) before you start reading!
___

It was time.

The Avengers walked in a line from the small hallway to the Quantum Time machine, wearing the Quantum Suits, albeit with some minor differences for different people. Rhodey had a bulkier repaint of the War machine armour.

As they settled in their designated spots, Rosalie couldn't help the excitement that tried to burst out of her body. She was standing in between Nat and Clint, the three destined to travel to Vomir to retrieve the soul stone.

This is it.

"Five years ago, we lost. All of us." Steve started his motivational speech before they embarked in their adventures. "We lost friends. We lost family. We lost a part of ourselves. Today, we have a chance to take it all back."

Everyone nodded at his words,

"You know your teams, you know your missions. Get the stones, get them back. One round trip each. No mistakes. No do-overs. Most of us are going somewhere we know, but it doesn't mean we should know what to expect." Tony have Steve a look and they exchanged light and encouraging smiles. "Be careful. Look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives. And we're gonna win. Whatever it takes. Good luck."

"Whatever it takes." Nat whispered to Rosalie.

"Whatever it takes." Grabbing her mentor's hand, the blonde smiled tightly.

She was nervous, she wouldn't lie.

But it had to be done. And no one could chicken out now.

Scott was the only one who looked slightly excited, while the rest of the team dwelled on the difficulty of their mission. The man vibrated and smiled everywhere he looked.

"All right. You heard the man. Stroke those keys, jolly green." Tony said and instructed Bruce.

"Tractors engaged." The green man gave everyone a thumbs up as he turned to the panel.

Clint had a shrunk space ship in his hand, meant to transport himself, Nat and Rosalie to their destination planet. Of course, it was Rocket's sweet possession and the creature was worried for its safety in their hands.

"You promise to bring that back in one piece, right?"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah." Clint didn't soothe Rocket's nerves. "Okay. I'll do my best."

"As promises go, that was pretty lame."

"We'll take good care of it." Rosalie stuck her hand out for him to shake. "I promise."