xiii.

tainted dreams | chapter thirteen
___

tainted dreams | chapter thirteen___

___

Rosalie didn't want to leave the darkness of her bedroom. It was a mess of dirty clothes, books and tissues. But the blonde didn't mind, as the disarray of her bedroom mirrored the tempestuous feelings she had been dealing with for the past five hours.

She hadn't had enough time to grieve the death of her mentor when a knock sounded on her bedroom door.

Softly lifting her head from the pillow, her puffy eyes identified a figure just outside her door.

Tony.

The man didn't waste any time before closing the door behind his back, sitting by Rosalie's side and embracing her. Tears that had already been dry from hours of just laying there, started to fall down her pale cheeks once more.

"I'm so sorry." He whispered, pain noticeable in his words. He had also lost someone very close to him, but he knew too well the pain Rosalie was feeling. She lost a motherly figure, her support, her mentor. The only one that was there for her when everyone else abandoned her.

Including him. And her parents.

There was a minute of silence during which both heroes simply cherished their embrace, happy that the other was still alive and breathing. Although she had lost so much already, Rosalie was glad that not everything and everyone she cared about was taken from her.

At least she still had Tony. She had her Tony back.

"I know you probably don't want to hear this -after the shitty day you had- but I need to tell you." Tony leaned back and grabbed Rosalie's face, eyes staring deeply into hers. "I can't find enough words to apologise for what I did. It's not acceptable, you were as lost as I was -probably even more lost due to all your friends turning to dusting but-"

"I know." She nodded, tears once again tickling their way down her cheeks. "I get it."

The two shared another hug before Tony spoke whatever he had been trying to say when he got there. Rosalie already knew was was happening outside, as she had heard Bruce's outburst from the solitude of her bedroom.

"The team's all gathered at the small lake by the northside of the compound." Tony explained and the blonde nodded, getting ready to face everyone after her outburst at the platform. "Let's go."

She did as Tony told her, too frail and broken to speak against his words. Rosalie wanted to pay her respects to the only person who never left her side, even when darker times clouded their lives. Nat was always there for her.