viii.

tainted dreams | chapter eight
___

___unedited, so please excuse any mistakes (: ___

___
unedited, so please excuse any mistakes (:
___

Deciding that it was time to stop moping around her bedroom, Rosalie walked down the stairs from the living quarters to the experiment areas.

Near the entrance, the compound had a giant garage-like room where everyone liked to gather whenever they wanted to test a theory or destroy some of their most expensive equipment. It was actually an enormous lab, and right in the centre of it were Scott, Steve, Nat and Bruce.

The blonde walked to them, her arms crossed in front of her chest like an armour to protect her still-fragile emotions.

Bruce was fiddling with buttons on a panel, Scott was in his Ant-Man costume is in front of an old looking van, with the back open to show what Rosalie believed to be the infamous Quantum Tunnel she had heard him babble about the previous days. Nat and Steve were beside Bruce so she stopped by their side.

"What's up?"

"We're running some tests with Scott and his quantum theories." Nat rubbed her arm and both women stood tall, listening to Bruce.

"Okay, here we go. Time travel test number one." The now green man said. "Scott, fire up the uh, the van thing."

Scott opened the portal and the four Avengers eyed the van with wide eyes. The colours, the way everything mixed together and created a rainbow effect that left their eyes trembling with excitement. It was all too much for her eyes to take, the beautify, the complexity, but she couldn't take her eyes off of it. And neither could her three friends.

"The hell is that?" Rosalie mouthed what they were all thinking and let out an incredulous laugh.

"This, my friend, is the quantum reality." Scott opened his arms and smiled proudly.

Rosalie had to give it to him. The quantum reality, as he called it, was fascinatingly beautiful.

"Breakers are set, emergency generators are on standby." Steve raised his thumb in the air and signalled that everything was operational. 

"Good. 'Cause if we blow the grid, I don't wanna lose tiny here in the 1950's." Scott, Nat and Steve gave Bruce a panicked look after he spoke. Rosalie just shook her head.

"Excuse me?" Scott was the most scared one, as he was the one entering the quantum... thingy.

"He's kidding." Nat yelled so Scott could hear her from where he stood, then spoke in a hushed tone to Bruce. "You can't say things like that!"

"Just -it was a bad joke."

"You were kidding, right?" Rosalie inquired.

The green-looking man adjusted his glasses on his chubby face and whispered for their ears only, exasperated.