xiv.

tainted dreams | chapter fourteen
___

tainted dreams | chapter fourteen___

___

The fighting started and nothing could have prepared Rosalie for that moment. The exhaustion she had been feeling that day was taking a heavy toll on her.

They were facing Thanos for the third time, and she seriously hoped it would be their last. She started panicking when one of her protection shields started glitching, as if her powers decided to take a break right when she needed them the most.

"For fuck's sake!" Yelling out before springing away from Thanos, who tried stabbing her with one of his weapons, the blonde found herself by Thor and Tony.

The conversation she heard was incredibly unpredictable but strangely enough, it was something she imagined would only come out of her favourite hero's mouth.

"Okay, Thor. Hit me."

Thor banged his 2 hammers together combined with his lighting and Tony's suit sucked up all the energy they released. Using his hands and body, Tony shot out the energy towards Thanos.

"Wicked." Rosalie whistled.

She had been doing that quite a lot during that fight. Her friends had extremely impressive powers.

And so do I.

After Thor grabbed Stormbreaker and used Mjölnir to hit Thanos, purple man used Tony as a shield resulting in damage to his system.

All Rosalie could do was stay behind the trio and Thanos, staring desperately around her to check for possible enemies coming their way. Weirdly enough, Thanos was the only one there.

For now, she believed.

Steve tried his luck and attacked Thanos but was easily shielded away by the monster. Thor's next attack on Thanos was blocked by a sword. The God was beaten and choked by Thanos, as he punched him mercilessly. Thor tried to grab his weapon but Thanos grabbed it first and used it against him, as he tried to defend himself and failed.

The younger girl prepared to jump high in the air in order to land on Thanos' neck and choke him with her powers. But before she could do anything, Mjölnir was thrown at Thanos' head and flew back to the person who threw it.

The moment seemed to happen in slow motion, the hammer moving past Rosalie's head and towards a smug Steve, who smirked at his comrades' gleeful expressions.

"I knew it!" Thor yelled out as Thanos's proceeded to battle Steve, who wielded both his shield and Mjolnir.

"My Captain." Rosalie saluted him as he ran to charge at Thanos.

Everyone -meaning Thor and Rosalie- cringed as Steve hit Thanos in the face with the hammer, knocking him down.

"Nice move." Rosalie complimented as the two watched, prepared to intervene if needed.