ix.

tainted dreams | chapter nine
___

___this chapter is a mess, i'm so sorry that you have to read it

___
this chapter is a mess, i'm so sorry that you have to read it. also, it's unedited so you may find some mistakes here and there (i also apologise for that)
___

Rosalie was in need of a serious girl talk.

Not like the ones she used to have with Mary Jane and MJ - mainly because her best friends were not there with her. Not like the ones queres the trio used to watch chick-flicks at Rosalie's solitary apartment.

No, Rosalie needed a deep talk with someone who understood the abnormal situation they were all living in. The arrival of Tony and the growing proximity between him and Steve was bothering her. 

And the right person for that was Nat.

As if hearing her thoughts, the older woman knocked on her door and entered after Rosalie responded with a timid "yes" from the inside. Both women looked worn out and tired, but their eyes shone with determination.

It was something that Rosalie admired from early days, Nat's ability to remain strong even when life threw everything negative her way.

This woman was a powerhouse, and Rosalie couldn't be more proud.

"Hey." She said as Nat took a seat by the end of her bed. "What's up?"

"How are you? You've been hiding up here for a few hours now." Nat eyed her carefully.

"I've been avoiding him as much as I can."

"Understandable."

"I'm not okay." Rosalie started after a few moments of silence. "I haven't been okay in a very long time but I think I've hit rock bottom."

Nat didn't speak. Instead, she sat next to Rosalie and held her hand, letting her speak.

"How could he leave me? How could he leave us after everything we've been through together?" Her hands tightened around Nat's. "It infuriates me, the way he waltzed back into our lives like nothing happened and made himself at home as quickly as possible... It's revolting."

"I know, cherub, I know."

"And yet, he's been living under the same roof as me and hasn't had te decency to come and speak to me. You know, not even a hello."

Shaking her head, Rosalie decided to stop talking. She knew that Nat was as affected by Tony's departure as she was, and it wasn't fair to the woman.