three - the pollywog

"Immy, sweetheart, are you going to get up for school?" The sound of her mother's voice awoken the pounding in her head making her groan in complaint

She knew why she was feeling shitty, and it was because she had a lot to drink the night prior.

The realization only hit her making her sit up straight in bed," Holy fuck" She spat out," How did I get home last night?!"

Claudia tilted her head confused," That nice young man brought you home"

"Oh" She responded as her mom walked out to get ready to leave for work, Claudia didn't say a specific name, so Imogen assumed it was Jonathan who brought her home.

Imogen looked at her nightstand at the red digits in her alarm clock, seeing that 1st period was already in session.

She debated on staying home, but she fought it and got out of bed walking to the restroom, only for her to stop seeing her brother still sleeping as well but littered in his Halloween candy wrappers.

She walked into his room shaking him, which got him to snap up and slam his head on her own," Mother—"

"Shit!" Dustin groaned holding his head and looking at his sister who was grumbling and holding her forehead

"Good morning Duffin," She said under her breath fighting the pain on her forehead," Are you going to sc— She was cut off to a loud screeching making her freeze and Dustin gulp looking at his reptile terrarium.

Imogen did not look back a little horrified at the sound," I know Yertle does not make that kind of noise" She said slowly as she looked at her brother's posture that changed to panic," If I turn my head and look at the Terrarium, am I going to see something I'm not supposed to?"

"Uh" He gulped drumming his fingers nervously," Maybe"

"If I look, am I going to regret it?"

"Yes" He nodded slowly

She sighed not turning her head," I am going to regret this" She mumbled shifting her gaze and gasped falling on her brother's bed," For the love of, Duffin what on earth is that!!"

"I found—him last night in our trash," He said carefully

"And you decided to evict Yertle and put him in there?!"

"Uh—yeah"

Imogen looked to the floor that was littered with Three Musketeers, and candy wrappers and furrowed her brow," You fed him Nougats?"

"Yeah D'artagnan loves it"

"Wait—what did you call him?"

"D'—Just call him Dart"

"What is it exactly?"

"It's complicated, I thought it was a Pollywog"

"A tadpole? So, a non-aquatic one?"