eight - mind flayer pt.2

"Did you guys know that Bob was the original founder of Hawkins AV?" Mike who had walked away from the table said with his back turned to them all

"Really?" Lucas said in an astonished tone as Mike turned back bobbing his head," He petitioned the school to start it and everything. Then he had a fundraiser for equipment" he walked over," Mr Clarke learned everything from him. Pretty awesome, right?"

"Yeah," The two boys said together

"We can't let him die in vain" Mike admitted

"What do you want to do, Mike?" Dustin dragged his tone, in frustration," The chief's right on this. We can't stop those Demo-dogs on our own"

"Demo-dogs?" Max and Imogen said looking at Dustin

"Demogorgon—dogs?" Dustin said in a monotone voice," Demo-dogs. It's like a compound. It's like play on words—"

"Okay," Max stopped him before he continued to explain more getting the point.

"I mean, when it was just Dart, maybe..."

Lucas put his hands on the table," But there's an army now"

"Precisely"

Mike gawked for a moment at Lucas' words," His army"

Steve looked up from the counter he was leaning on," What do you mean?"

Imogen then stood up from the chair she was sitting on," His army" She repeated Mike's words as he looked at her. The others all looked at the confused at what they were getting at," Maybe if we stop him, we can stop his army, too"

Imogen walked past them as she ran to Will's room, they all followed her and as she dug through Will's drawings finding what she was looking for.

"The shadow monster," Dustin said as he took the paper from her hands

"It got Will that day on the field. The doctor said it was like a virus, it infected him"

"And so, this virus, it's connecting him to the tunnels?" Max asked

"To the tunnels, monsters, the Upside Down, everything"

"Woah. Slow down. Slow down" Steve interrupted them needing time to process all the information.

"Okay, so, the shadow monster's inside everything" Mike elaborated," And if the vines feel something like pain, then so does Will"

"And so, does Dart" Lucas caught on

"Yeah, like what Mr Clarke taught us" Mike looked at him," The hive mind"

"Hive mind?" Steve asked confused

"A collective consciousness. It's a super-organism"

"And this is the thing that controls everything. It's the brain"