ten - the gate pt.2

"You've got it handled huh?" Imogen walked alongside Steve as he held the hand-drawn rushed map, that Mike drew to guide them

"What?" He peeked over to her

She then gestured her hand to her face," You took a horrible beating"

"Oh" He turned back," Yeah not one of my greatest moments"

"Yeah, it's not, but you did help"

"I wouldn't really say I did, I pretty much blacked out for the most of it"

She chuckled patting his arm," Don't worry you'll win a fight soon enough"

"Oh yeah, thanks for the reassurance Immy" He scoffed playfully making her chuckle," I've got my revenge building up, that asshole nearly hurt the kids" She mumbled for only him to hear, as she peered over her shoulder.

"Yeah, he also taunted me outside before coming in"

She looked at him," About what?"

"About you—and the things you have done"

"We kissed" Imogen stated," That's all"

He stopped walking and looked at her," Really?"

She nodded," Yeah, I was not going to sleep with him Steve, I have some decency"

"And Jonathan falls under that?" He blurted out making her huff," Don't go there Steve" She elbowed his arm as she walked ahead,

"Sorry" He whispered following after," I wasn't thinking"

"Yeah, I guess not—look we'll save it when our lives are not in—"

Dustin started screaming making Imogen quickly turn," Shit!!!"

"Duffin?!!" She shouted running over to her brother," Help! Help! Help!!"

"Dustin" All of them screamed

"Duffin hey" She knelt down to him as he continued to shout," Hey sweetie" She tried to get a grip on him but he kept screaming.

He removed his mask whimpering," It's in my mouth! Some got in my mouth! Shit!" He started to cough and turn away

"Shit" Steve cursed

Imogen patted her brothers back, as she felt her nerves swarming with anxiety," Duffin, hey" He spit out and pulled back looking at the others and his sister catching his breath.

"I'm okay," He said nonchalantly making Imogen close her eyes letting out a sigh in relief, while the other groaned in complaints.

"You serious?" Max whine

"Very funny, man" Steve huffed," Nice, very nice"

"Jesus, what an idiot" Imogen chuckled patting his back," Way to make everyone panic"