Chapter One

Yugyeom picked up the final pair of jeans he owned and shoved it in his suitcase. 

He was so used to living with his abusive mother that when his father had requested he'd live him, Yugyeom almost cried.  He knew his mother had problems, many of them.  He knew he couldn't leave her; not like that.

"Yugyeom, your father is here," his mother yelled from door.  Yugyeom sighed, zipping the suitcase up and dragging it down the staircase. 

"Do you have everything?" Yugyeom's father had asked, shifting his weight from one leg to the other.  Yugyeom only nodded.  He only met his father about a week ago, so he knew he was bound to act awkward. 

"Alright, let's go," Yugyeom's father said, grabbing the suitcase from Yugyeom's arms. 

Yugyeom followed his father to the outside of the garage where two cars were parked.  His father opened the car door for Yugyeom, who thanked him then got in it. 

The car ride was silent except for the car radio playing some upbeat pop song, followed by a slower, sadder song. 

While in the car, Yugyeom had received a snap from Jungkook which wasn't out of the ordinary but didn't happen often.

Yugyeom rolled his eyes.  He did not want to hear about Jungkook's sex life because he knew he'd start calling him a virgin 16 year old (which he wasn't).

"Is something wrong?" Yugyeom's father asked, averting his eyes from Yugyeom to the road ahead.  "Just my friend," Yugyeom said.  "He's talking about his girlfriend."  Okay, that was partly a lie.  He knew Jungkook and Jennie dated for about a week before Jennie cheated on him with Kai.  Now, it seemed as Jungkook and Jennie were hooking up... for the fifth time that month.

"Don't you have a girlfriend to tell him about?" his father inquired, taking a right turn.  "...no," Yugyeom replied truthfully.  His father looked at him and raised an eyebrow.  Afterward, he nodded.  "I see." 

So, Yugyeom snapchatted Jungkook.

Yugyeom placed the phone down, knowing whatever said next would probably ruin their friendship even more then Jennie had

"And we're here."  Yugyeom looked up and saw a huge house; more like a mansion.  A woman ran out of the house with open arms, shouting something along the lines of 'welcome, Yugyeom'.  Yugyeom's father got out of the car and kissed the girl's cheek.  She giggled, then turned to Yugyeom. 

"Hello, Yugyeom," she smiled.  "I was Ms. Park, now I'm Mrs. Kim thanks to your father."  She extended her hand.  Three bracelets clung to her wrist.  The one that surprised Yugyeom was one with the gay pride flag printed on it.  Along with that was her red polished fingernails.

"Anyway, Jinyoung is upstairs in his room doing his homework, so I'd be careful going in his room," Mrs. Kim said, pointing to the house.  Yugyeom nodded, inhaling the scent of the rose perfume Mrs. Kim used. 

"Let me show you to your room," Mrs. Kim said.  She led Yugyeom to a room on the third floor.  She opened the door, revealing a white wall room with matching carpet on the floor.  On the white carpet was a bed, dresser, desk, and full sized mirror with hearts drawn in sharpie on the reflection part.

"This is your room.  We don't like posters on walls but since Jinyoung does it, I guess you may," Mrs. Kim explained, placing her hands on her hips. 

Now that Yugyeom actually got to see her, he noticed she looked to be around her late thirties.  Her (probably) originally black hair was now a light brown color.  She wore small hoop earrings and a ring that most definitely was a gift from his father.  She also wore a light blue dress with flowers printed everywhere.  She most definitely was beautiful. 

She left the room, saying something about 'dinner not gonna cook itself'.  Yugyeom took the time to take everything he owned and place it in-what he thought-was a good place. 

When he was finished, he heard a voice yell that dinner was done and he and Jinyoung better get down and eat. 

He went down the stairs and went into the direction of what seemed like the kitchen. 

There stood Mrs. Kim with a plate of bibimbap.  She placed it on the dining room table, then motioned for Yugyeom to have a seat.

"It seems as though Jinyoung is running late," Yugyeom's father said, eating some of the bibimbap.  Yugyeom's face probably had confusion written all over it, so his father spoke up. 

"Jinyoung is your step brother," he explained.  "He is about two years older then you and focuses more on his friends than school work so they might come over a lot." 

Mrs. Kim perked up at the sound of that.  "Ah, yes.  About school.  Jinyoung goes to a different school than you.  We wanted to make you feel comfortable so we allowed you to stay enrolled in your high school," she explained. 

"What's for dinner?" a calm and soothing voice asked.  Yugyeom looked over toward the kitchen entrance where a boy stood.  "Today's dinner, Jinyoung, is bibimbap," Mrs. Kim smiled, motioning for Jinyoung to sit next to Yugyeom.  "And this is Yugyeom, your step brother." 

Jinyoung took one look at Yugyeom and seemed to tense up.  Afterward, he walked over to Yugyeom and took a seat. 

"So, how was your day at school, Yugyeom?" Mrs. Kim asked.  Suddenly, all eyes were on him.  He clearly didn't like that, yet responded anyway. 

"Uh... my friend Bambam and his boyfriend Jackson broke up and the whole class watched," Yugyeom had said, earning a laugh from Jinyoung.  "Who names their kid Bambam?" he cackled.

"Jinyoung!" Mrs. Kim shouted.  The once quiet dinner table was now exploding in shouts and yells from different people from around the dinner table...except Yugyeom.

He casually sat quietly, something he usually did.  ...Except this time he wouldn't have gotten smacked across his face.  "Moving on," Mrs. Kim said, "I have great news."  Everyone looked in her direction. "I'm pregnant," she said with a smile.  Everyone seemed to take the news well.  Jinyoung got up from the table and hugged her, telling her how shocked and delighted he was to have a sibling. 

Yugyeom still kept quiet, afraid his speaking would ruin such an exciting moment for the family.

The rest of the night went smoothly as he awaited the following day.

\A/N/
In the process of being edited.