1: A brand new day

It was 7am and almost time for school. Summer break just ended and everyone was in a grumpy mood. Taehyung's alarm went off at 7:30 and it was time for him to get ready.

-BEEP-

"Ughhh." Taehyung groaned as he turned off his alarm. He didn't want to go to school or even get up.

After 2 more minutes of lying down he finally decided to get up and get ready.
He checked his closet and luckily he had some new clothes. He picked out a pair of blue jeans and a white button up shirt.
Simple. He thought. After getting changed he decided to brush his teeth since he wasn't hungry for breakfast. Once he was ready he checked the time and it was now 7:55. He grabbed his keys, phone, and backpack as he rushed out of the house. School started at 8 and he didn't want to be late on the first day back.
He made it to school right on time and checked his first class. "History." He said to himself and started walking to his classroom. Once he got in he looked around for an empty desk to sit at and of course he got the one right next to Jungkook. He sighed knowing it was the only open spot and he couldn't do anything about it.
He didn't even want to complain because he was too shy to say anything.
As class started he kept his eyes on the teacher and his work only. He hated making eye contact with people he didn't know. He didn't want to start any conversations.
A bit later he felt a tap on his shoulder and realized he had spoken too soon.
"Um. Taehyung right?" Jungkook asked with a smile on his face.
"Um. I-. Yeah.." oh my god stop. He cursed at himself for stuttering. He was usually more shy around Jungkook...for some reason.
"Ah. So you're the shy kid huh? That's odd. You don't look like a shy person."
Taehyung just couldn't make any words come out of his mouth as he just stared at the younger man in from of him. He almost got lost in his glowing eyes until he snapped himself out of it.
"Oh um..well.." Taehyung was embarrassed. He looked down at his paper and felt Jungkook's eyes on him. He felt like he had been caught staring and now he couldn't look back or he'd be confronted about it.
Jungkook gave him a look of confusion and then said "Never mind. I can see it now." As he put his hand on Taehyung's shoulder. He patted him before he got back to work.
Taehyung didn't know why but after feeling Jungkook's touch he felt his face get red.
Jungkook seemed to notice as he took a last quick glance at Taehyung and he just shrugged it off.

After a few more classes, it was Taehyung's last class. "Finally." He said to himself. Before he got there he went into the restroom. He walked into a stall to check his phone when he heard some people come in.
"Jungkook. You know that skipping on the first day is a really stupid idea, right?" Someone said.
Jungkook?? Oh god. Taehyung thought.
"I honestly don't care. I'm just trying to hide from..someone. If you don't want to skip you don't have to, Jimin hyung." Jungkook replied.
"It's not a big deal but I mean, school just started and all- wait. Who are you trying to hide from?" Jimin said.
"Nobody, hyung. It doesn't matter. Just go to class before you're late." Jungkook sighed in relief as Jimin left the bathroom.

Taehyung just stood in his stall staying quiet. He also didn't want to be late to class but he also didn't want Jungkook to see him. He just waited for Jungkook to finally leave.

Jungkook looked in the mirror and fixed his hair a bit. He rinsed his face with water and looked back at himself.
"Taehyung..why do you have to be this way." He murmured to himself.

What does he mean? Why did he say my name? Taehyung thought. He just shrugged it off.

After about 30 minutes the bell finally rang and school was over.
Taehyung got out of  the stall. He immediately stopped in his tracks as he saw Jungkook who hadn't left yet.
"Junkook?"
"Taehyung?" They both questioned the other at the same time.
"I.. um.. I'm sorry. I'll go." Taehyung finally managed to say.
"No, Tae. It's okay."
Tae? Did he just say Tae? Taehyung thought to himself.
"I- I meant Taehyung. I'm sorry." Jungkoook stuttered out.
"It's okay Jungkook. I-" He was stopped by Jungkook.
"Wait, Taehyung. How long have you been in here?"
"The whole p-period." Taehyung responded.
"Oh.. so you heard..what I said?" Jungkook asked with a worried look in his eyes.
"Heard what? I d-didn't hear anything." Taehyung said. He didn't think Jungkook wanted him to hear anything so he didn't want to mention it.
"Oh okay. Never mind then. I'll be leaving now." Jungkook walked out the restroom while looking down at the floor.
Taehyung has never seen Jungkook like that before. He was worried about him. He almost wanted to run and hug him to comfort him but he stopped himself. He didn't know why Jungkook made him so nervous and he didn't know why he cared about him so much.
Taehyung waited a couple of seconds before walking out or people would question him.

Once he got home he went straight to his room and checked his phone. He was less shy on the internet and it made him feel happy. After around 5 minutes of being on his phone he decided to eat. He hadn't ate lunch either. He just wasn't in the mood nor was he hungry. He got up and made some ramen. When he got back to his room he heard his phone go off. He had gotten a follow request on instagram. He accepted it and then realized it was...
"Jungkook???!!" He screamed and put his ramen on his bed. He walked into his living room and started circling the couch and tugging on his hair.
"Why would Jungkook want to follow me? How did he find my account? What's going on?"
After being overly dramatic he finally went back into his room. He checked his phone again and Jungkook had sent him a message.

Jungkook
Hey Taehyung. Sorry for bothering you. I just wanted to say hi.

Taehyung
It's okay. How did you find my account?