10: Catching Up

The next day, Taehyung woke up with Jungkook in his arms. Jungkook was still asleep and was curled up, facing the opposite way of Taehyung. He was holding Taehyung's arm while he slept.
Taehyung smiled and slowly pulled his arm out of Jungkook's grip.
Taehyung sat up and stretched. He thought he had waken Jungkook up since Jungkook started to move to his other side and was now facing Taehyung, but he was still asleep.
Taehyung noticed that Jungkook was more warm than usual, so he placed his hand on Jungkook's forehead.

Oh no. He's burning up. I hope he's okay.
Taehyung thought.

He then got up and turned on the fan to cool Jungkook off.
He made his way to the kitchen and realized that they hadn't gotten any breakfast food for the apartment, so he grabbed his keys and drove to the store.

Thirty minutes later, Jungkook finally awoke.
He was really warm and felt light headed.
He looked around and noticed that Taehyung wasn't with him once again.

"Taehyung?" Jungkook said with a raspy voice.

"Taehyung, where are you?" Jungkook continued.
After not getting a response, he got up and went to the bathroom to rinse his face with cold water. He dried himself up and went into the living room.
He looked around for Taehyung and couldn't find him.

"No......please don't be gone...they cannot have taken you.." Jungkook said as he felt his eyes about to water.

At the store

Taehyung had a bad feeling about Jungkook as he was shopping. He felt Jungkook's pain and immediately hurried to the check out area.

As he finished checking out, he grabbed his bags and ran to his car. He drove to the apartment as quickly as possible.

When he finally got there, he got all of the groceries out of the trunk and ran up the stairs to their apartment room.
He quickly put the key in and burst into the apartment door.

He dropped his bags on the floor as he made his way to Jungkook, who was crying in their bedroom floor.

"What's wrong, Kookie? Why are you crying?" Taehyung said as he gave Jungkook a hug.

Jungkook looked at Taehyung and hugged him back tightly.

"I t-thought they t-took you away." Jungkook stuttered.

Taehyung wiped away Jungkook's tears and tucked Jungkook's hair behind his ear.
He placed a kiss on Jungkook's forehead, which was still really warm.

"I would never let them do that, Jungkook. I just went to get some groceries." Taehyung said as he lifted Jungkook up by his hand.

Jungkook got embarrassed. He should've thought about that before assuming Taehyung was gone.

Taehyung took Jungkook to the living room and sat him down on the couch as he went to get the groceries and placed them in the kitchen.
He took a few other things out of the bags and walked towards Jungkook.

"Here you go, Kookie. You felt warm and I wanted to make sure you were okay and not sick." Taehyung said as he smiled and gave Jungkook some soup, Ibuprofen, a new blanket with hearts on it, a stuffed animal, and a necklace.

Jungkook smiled happily as he took the gifts and gave Taehyung a big hug.

"You didn't have to do this, Tae. Thank you!" Jungkook said as he let go of Taehyung and squeezed his new stuffed animal.

"No problem, Kookie. Here, let me help you." Taehyung said as he grabbed the necklace he bought Jungkook and helped Jungkook put it on.
After he finished, he turned Jungkook around to see what the new necklace looked like on him and smiled.
The necklace said "Tae" on it and he had bought himself a bracelet that said "Kookie" on it so they would have something to remember each other with.