9: Running Away

Taehyung and Jungkook had already got 3 hours away from their town.
Taehyung didn't even know where he was going to take them, but he knew he wanted to go far.
Ever since Taehyung saw Jungkook's bruises and found out about his dad, he got angry.
He was also taking him away from RM as well.

"Tae?" Jungkook asked.

"Hm?" Taehyung hummed as a response.

"How far are we going?" Jungkook asked.

"I don't know, Kookie. Tell me when you want me to stop driving." Taehyung said as he gave a smile to Jungkook.

Jungkook nodded in response.

He is acting strange. This can't just be about my father. He knows something else, I just know it. Jungkook thought to himself as he looked out of the window.

After almost 2 more hours of driving, Jungkook started to get tired. They had already ate since Taehyung stopped at a Panda Express on the way.
Jungkook laid his head in his palm as he fell asleep.

The next morning, Jungkook woke up in a room that wasn't familiar to him.
He looked around for Taehyung, but he wasn't in the room.

Jungkook decided to get up and look around for him.
Where was he? He wondered.

"Jungkook. Good morning!" Taehyung walked up to Jungkook and gave him a hug.

"Where are we?" Jungkook asked, still confused.

"We are in a hotel, Kookie. Why? What's wrong?" Taehyung asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Nothing's wrong. But I have to tell Jimin that I'm okay really quick." Jungkook said as he tried to walk away.
Taehyung quickly grabbed Jungkook's wrist.

"No! You can't tell anyone anything. They might find us and then your dad and RM will find you too." Taehyung said with a worried expression.

"O-okay. But what does RM have to do with this?" Jungkook asked, confused.

"N-nothing. Now go get ready. I want to find us an apartment to stay at." Taehyung said as he let Jungkook go.

Jungkook walked back into the bedroom and sat down on the bed.

What is he hiding? Why won't he tell me about RM? Jungkook thought.

Taehyung watched as Jungkook walked away and then quickly opened a drawer in the kitchen once he saw that Jungkook was gone.
He grabbed the diary he hid in there and stared at it. He didn't know if he should read it or not. This could be very personal to Jungkook and he didn't want to read it without his permission.
He sighed as he walked into the bedroom with the diary.

"Here, Jungkook." Taehyung said as he handed the diary to Jungkook.

"H-how did you get this?" Jungkook asked, worried.

"Jimin dropped it off and told me you left it at his place. Don't worry, I didn't read it." Taehyung said and then walked away.

Jungkook sighed in relief as he opened the diary.

Dear diary,
This may seem weird to just talk to a diary, but I don't know who else to talk to that will keep a secret.
Today I saw Taehyung in one of my classes. Finally!! He's never been in the same class as me. I wonder if he will notice me.
I've started to gain feelings towards him over the years.
Ever since 7th grade, I've had a massive crush on him.
I still remember it.
He was older than me by only one year and still is. He was an 8th grader which is why he hasn't been in my classes.
I saw him talking to his group of friends and I just watched as his hair was flowing in the wind. Dramatic, I know. But I just always liked his soft, fluffy looking hair.
As I was staring at him, some kid came up to me and slapped me out of nowhere.
It was my first bully. He knew that I liked Taehyung because he bullied me for staring at him all the time and for liking a boy.
As he was calling me names and laughing at me while hitting me, more of his friends came to join him. They all took me to the bathroom and kept hitting me.
I didn't mind it at all. I wasn't focused on any of it. The only thing I was thinking of was Taehyung. I was wondering if he was having a good day. I hoped he never experienced anything like this.
That's when Taehyung came in and started to beat my bullies up.
He told me to watch out for them and to be careful. I gave him a hug but he pushed me away. He told me to go back to class and I listened.
I felt kind of sad that he rejected my affection but it was okay.
I went to class and sat by my friend Jimin, who was friends with the cooler kid, RM.
He asked me what happened but I told him that I fell. He just nodded and smiled.
After Taehyung had saved me, I've always admired him.
That's why when I found out he had started to get bullied, I was angry.
I soon became friends with RM as well but I didn't want to be a bully with him. I knew he bullied Taehyung and I hated him everyday for it. I just couldn't do that to Taehyung. After all, he was the one who helped me from my bullies.
I guess RM just liked to tease him for being a quiet and shy kid, which was weird because he used to talk a lot.
Ever since that day I hugged him, he had been really shy. I didn't know why.
But that's all, diary. Thanks for listening to my confession.