[ Suspicion and the past ]

I reached 10K!!! I'm so happy rn! But sadly, I can't write a long A/n. Anyhoo, what should I do as a celebration? Face reveal? Special chapters? Q&A? Smut scen— //slapped//

Key:
S/c ⬅ skin color

Edit: okay thats 11K now holy mother of—

———————————————————————

Third person POV

"Yes..." She lied. Their eyebrows knit together, "That's impossible— How'd you survive out there then?" Ymir asked a bit suspicious of the young woman. A certain trio looked at eachother. "Well, as you know, the survey corps go outside the walls. And... Well, die. I lived on a small cottage surrounded by gigantic trees, it was old, so vines started growing on the cottage. So it kinda blended in with its surroundings. I..." She said, dragging the 'I'. "Might've stole a gear from one of the corpses... It was disrespectful but, I had to inorder to survive... Y'know?" She continued.

Y/n mentally cheered for coming up with a story on the spot.

"How did the titans not destroy your cottage? How long have you been out there? Your whole life? That'd be impossible— you would've gotten eaten." Reiner rambled. Annie glared daggers at him silently telling him to 'shut up'.

Y/n gave him a confused look. " 'Titans'?  'eaten'?" She asked.

Reiner ignored the blonde and kept going. "What do you mean 'Titans?'? You lived outside, how could you not know what titans ar—"

The girl panicked, tuning the boy out. 'Shit! They're gonna get suspicious! I— I didn't know that whatever these 'titans' are the cause! I just knew that soldiers would most likely die out the walls!'

The others listened to them intently
"I— uh..." She tried to find an excuse.

"Cadets." A powerful voice boomed. "What are you doing out here in the middle of the night?" The grandp— Shadis asked.

"We... Uh.."

"Go back to your rooms. Now." He glared at them. The group scrambled away to their rooms.

Y/n mouthed a 'Thank you', he nodded.

"What were you thinking?!" A girl whisper-yelled. "They'd get suspicious of us! You can't just go interrogating people!" She huffed. "So?! We can't fully trust her! Did you hear her? She said she was from the outside walls!" He whisper yelled back. Another guy was standing behind them trying to calm the two down while he sweated like crazy.

"We don't know if she's telling the truth Reiner!"

"Exactly. What if she knows about our plan?! About us?! What if she was sent here to keep an eye on us?"

"Sent be who?!"

"The survey corps! They could have sent her!" She scoffed in defeat. She didn't want to admit it but she had grown close to the motherly-figure. Too close.

"You, are gonna keep your mouth shut! Just remember this. We are trying to keep a low profile so don't go around asking information. You got me?" Annie glared. "Whatever." The other blonde scoffed, walking away with the bigger male following suit. The sweating male glanced at his female friend, worried. He'd never seen his friends fight before, let alone see Annie almost blow up.