[ Goodbye ]

Third person POV

'Waah! I'm so nervous! I can't believe we're finally getting married in just a week!'

Y/n squealed rolling on her bed, face beet red. She stopped and stared at the engagement ring before going back to squealing and squeaking.

"Quiet down would you?!"

"Sorry big sis!" She yelled back.

'Oh right! I have to help out with the finishing touches! Wait— I still have to meet up with my boss to talk about the revision papers! Waah! Everything is a mess!'

She threw the covers off, sprinting her way to her walk in closet.

Saitama gulped, sweating like a fountain. He stood tall at the altar yet he felt small. He played with his sleeve and constantly asked if he looked good.
"Calm down dude. She's just probably getting her make up done, you know how girls are." His friend patted his back.

But Y/n wasn't like that. Y/n wanted a natural look, she wanted it to be simple. So she should've been done with her make up by now. But where was she?

'I haven't seen her for three days. What if she didn't want to marry me?! Oh god. Please show up. Please show up. Please show u—'

Saitama's face lit up when the gigantic door opened. But instead of seeing his beautiful bride standing by the doors, cops were standing at her place.

People at the wedding turned to the cops as they walked towards Saitama.

"Sir, Yoshida?"

"Yeah that's me..." Sai answered hesitantly. His heart pounded against his rib cage, his hands shook.

"We're sorry—"

After that sentence, everything turned into a blur.

"You can't stay here forever Sai... We gotta go.." His friend looked at him sympathetically.

"Just— just leave me alone.... Please..." Sai was now on his knees. The church now empty. He sighed and finally left Saitama alone.

When he heard the doors close, that's when it all broke. His world, his heart, his everything. He sobbed crying outloud, he clutched Y/n's locket in his hands. He hugged himself, shaking his head denying everything he just heard.

"We're sorry for interrupting your big day but, we have news about Miss L/n. She was caught in a train accident. There were eight survivors, unfortunately, she was not one of them. I am sorry for your loss."

"No! You're lying! Tell me your lying! She can't leave me! We still have to fulfill our promises to eachother! You liar!"

"S-sir please—!"

Why did have to be like this?

Why was his light taken away?

Just when she was gonna be officially his.

Saitama screamed loudly.

How cruel...

He didn't even get see her one last time.

No words could express his pain.

"Wise... Man.. Say.." He croaked out. His voice cracking. "Only fools... Rush.. in."

"But I.. Can't help.. Falling inlove.. With.. Y-you.." He sang, voice quivering. He breathed in,

".....I love you Y/n...."

"..I love you always.... I swear to you... I will do everything to get you back."

——————————————————————

Note: These flashbacks/memories are gonna be short. It'll give you an idea or hint for the story.

Oh! And there was actually an error in the last chapter. But I fixed it cause I realized it probably gave you guys (the reader) the wrong idea.