[ tragedy ]

Marco and I heaved, trying to catch our breaths. The titan kneeled down, and peeked in the ally way with its eye. It stared at us for solid ten seconds before walking away. I sighed in relief, looking back at Marco, “Do you see another way?”

He shook his head no. Biting my lower lip, I gazed up in the sky and back at the opening. As I was about to make a move, Marco took my hand in his pulling me towards him. “Wh—”

“Behind the crates.” He muttered. “What cr— oh.” at the other side of the ally, there were 2 small crates stacked up each other. Behind it, was a tiny hole enough to fit a person. Nodding, we both slowly made our way to the back. The ally was getting more and more narrow, I could almost feel my ribs getting pressured.

We got in succesfully and began looking around. “It's dark.”

“But the sun is still out.” I reasoned. “..Maybe a basement? They're always so dark and creepy.” He shivered. “Well then, guess we better get out of here.”

He nodded. We looked around for a door that might lead us upstairs, “Hey uh.. Miss Yoshida..?”

“Something wrong?” I slowly took a step towards the source of his voice. I stopped dead in my tracks, I felt my body go cold— everything stopped. “We have to get out of here. Now.” Marco nodded looking away in disgust.

We safely made it back just as we heard Eren scream loudly. We did it.

I sat back down letting my body fall onto the bed, and just as I was about to close my eyes I felt a stinging sensation on my cheek. “Wh—” I closed my mouth shut.

“Are you stupid?! You could've died!” Tornado yelled.

“But I didn't!” I yelled back, standing up. She yanked my arm towards her before shoving it near my face. “But you are. You're dying. Again.” She gritted her teeth glaring at me.

“Yahoo! That was fu—” Hanji barged in and stopped looking at us. It went silent for awhile until Hanji approached us. “Y/n? Why is..” Hanji trailed off.

I stared at my now see-through hand. It looked transparent.. As if it was fading. Tornado finally let go and quickly left the room without saying a word. “..I need answers.” Clenching my hands into a fist, I marched out of the room looking for Tornado, leaving Hanji alone.

Why? What is happening? Dying again? Why can't she just tell me?! My hands..

I took a moment and stared at my hands briefly.

What the hell is going on..

“Y/n,” I spun around quickly hiding my hands behind looking back directly at Erwin. “Were you aware of the abilities this boy had?”

“No commander, I had only found out when the Colossal titan appeared. ” He nodded and left. I bit my lip feeling even more frustrated.

I sighed again.

“Someone's stressed.”

“How are you not stressed?” I replied turning to the Corporal. “Staying calm and collected helps the situation rather than wasting time just standing there and breathing in all the oxygen of the world and replacing it with your stinky breath.” I sighed again purposely. Shaking his head, he back to Erwin.

He's gone, right? After checking, I brought my hand near my mouth. “It doesn't smell that bad..”

————

Okay ngl I'm on the verge of giving up ;—;

Our internet connection has been getting cut off at random times.