*Tangled Hearts*

Souls don't speak, yet ours spoke fluently

But it was wrong, it was a mistake,

and sooner or later the words our souls spoke, 

drifted away, taking you away from me.

August 21st 1981

Her black strands of hair were creating such a huge contrast with the yellowish nubbins. She was observing the beautiful sky and the secrets it hid. Minjae was wondering, if she could ever touch a cloud and feel its sensation on her pale, palms. She was aware of the sky's overwhelming infinity, yet she always dreamt of the clouds, the endless nights and the bright, summer days.

 She was aware of the sky's overwhelming infinity, yet she always dreamt of the clouds, the endless nights and the bright, summer days

August was her favourite month. ''Everyone loves this time of the year'' her grandpa used to tell her. She enjoyed the warm weather despite the annoying rays of sunshine that were playing hide and seek on her face. Her freckles have been increasing lately and she knew that her family wouldn't like that. Her family despised everything that seemed different. She uncombed her braids and let her hair fall on the cobs, a feeling of peace and tranquility engulfing her entire body like a soft, fluffy blanket.

Her calmness got interrupted when a pair of pinkish lips kissed her cheek.

''I told you to stop doing this'' Minjae yelled and wiped her cheek, with the back of her palm.

''Are you afraid that someone might see?'' her friend spoke. 

Minjae and Sujin were the definition of black and white. While Minjae clearly believed that she had to be the best in everything and never disappoint the people around her, Sujin had a different perception from the majority of humans her age. She was certain that people learn from their mistakes, their imperfections being what separated them from one another.

''I just want you to stop being that clingy, that's all I am asking for'' the raven haired mumbled.

''It seems like you are avoiding me these days. Yesterday you didn't even shed a glance on me'' the blonde spoke sadly.