*Unexpected Encounters*

Like the leaves that are falling from the beautiful almond trees,

I tend to lose the love of people who surround me.

But our love was solid, like a trunk

Until someone cut us, tearing us apart, leaving you on earth and myself on the sky.

Not even the softness of his yellow pillow was able to muffle little Jimin's tears. For once more his family decided to live him uninformed, yet that's not what really troubled him. His relationship with his grandmother was rather special. They had their own way of communication and she was the one who used to stay with him every time his parents weren't home. She made the boy feel safe, making his nightmares disappear. Yet the boy's pessimistic personality didn't let him see the glass half full. The woman was sick and that meant only one thing to Jimin.

Loss.

Deprivation of a person he truly loved from the bottom of his fragile heart.

He understood what loss meant when he was six. His only grandpa past away since both of his mother's parents had died long before he was born. That day he experienced his father's tears for the very first time. He wasn't really comprehending the situation, so his grandma told him a story.

''Do you know that the big, purple tree you have in your backyard had been planted by your grandpa?''.

''It's pretty''.

''Well, listen to me. Whenever you feel like you are drowning or when you are hurt you will always visit that place. That tree protects your house and your family, just like your grandpa does from the sky''.

''But he is in the ground'' little Jimin mumbled.

''His soul is watching you from above Jiminie. He will be very proud to see you thriving and becoming the man he always wanted you to be''.

''What if I make a mistake?'' the six yeard old asked sadly.

''So what? Everyone does. If you continue doing what you love, there will be no mistakes'' his grandma reassured him and  gave him a brush, a pallet and a canvas, everything purple.

''Go do what you want'' she spoke and kissed the top of his head, rolling her fingers between his soft, raven locks.