Pizza

Valkyrie had soon disappeared to take a shower downstairs, leaving Carol to make her bed and put her possessions into the chest of draws. As she rummaged through the contents of her rucksack she found one of her sketchbooks and art supplies.

Glancing at her watch, Carol decided she would go for dinner in twenty minutes so she started to finish a drawing she had done on the way to the college. It was a close up of her cat, Goose. She was the one thing she regretted leaving but Carol still had hundreds of photos of her on her phone. The drawing wasn't her best because of the rough journey but it was decent. Her paintings of Goose however, were astounding.

The door burst open making Carol jump out of her skin. As soon as she saw it was Valkyrie she put a hand on her heart and sighed.

"You play games and you make dramatic entrances, anything else I should know about?" Valkyrie grinned at Carol's comment as she closed the door behind her as slowly and steadily as she could, exaggerating every movement.

Carol smiled at her joke and closed the sketchbook, burrying it under the covers. Valkyrie picked up on Carol's attempt to hide the book.

"Some drawings you don't want me to see?"

"Wouldn't you like to know." Carol said as she moved her sketchbook to the draws.

"Want me to take a look at your timetable?" Valkyrie asked, changing the subject.

"Yeah, thanks." Carol pulled two crumpled pieces of paper from her pocket and attempted to uncrinkle them on her lap.

She felt the weight of the bed shift as Valkyrie sat down next to her. Carol froze for a moment but Valkyrie didn't notice. Instead she took the papers from Carol's lap, brushing her hand against her thigh.

Carol tried not to react to Valkyrie's unexpected touch but she definetly acknowledged it. Even when her hand retreated into her own lap she was close. Too close. Yet Carol wanted her to do it again.

"Carol!" Valkyrie said, raising her voice.

"Sorry..! What did you say." Carol said looked slightly startled.

"I said I'll walk you to your first class tomorrow. It's the over side of campus. It's geography." She added.

"Thanks." She smiled. Valkyrie nodded and held her gaze a little longer. She couldn't help but fall into a trance looking into Carol's eyes. The lighting in the room made them light up. They fitted so perfectly with Carol's blonde her aswell. It wasn't as long as Valkyrie's but she still admired it. What really kept Valkyrie's gaze was Carol's light pink lips that were slightly parted. They looked so soft. Valkyrie snapped back to the real world when she realised she was staring and stood up abruptly.

"So er what made you choose geography?" Valkyrie asked desperately trying to forget what happened.

"I had a free class and had to fill it."

"I did that with art." She said simply walking towards her bed. As if in queue, Valkyrie's phone chimed followed by her screen lighting up. She skimmed over the text and sub consciously sighed.

"You alright?" Carol asked a little concerned.

"Yeah, the team wants to go out but I'm kinda tired."

"What are you gonna say?"

"The same thing I always do on a Monday night." She said plainly. "Wanna order pizza?"