I love you

Carol and Valkyrie slumped down on their beds in unison and sighed. Their heated make out session had been in Carol's mind the whole journey back. She wondered what would of happened if they weren't interrupted. How far would it have gone? Nothing would come between them in their dorm room.

"Shit." Valkyrie murmmered under her breath.

"You OK."

"I have a game next week."

"So? You'll do great."

"But I wanna be with you." Carol sat up and extended her arm towards Valkyrie. She got up leisurely and sauntered towards her bed taking Carol's hand.

"You're still gonna go though, right? I don't want this to be the kind of relationship that makes you feel like you need to abandon the things you love just for me."

"So... we are in a relationship?" Valkyrie asked with a smile.

"Of course that's what you took from that."

"I heard it all and I agree. But since I found out that you want me to kiss you... it's all I can think about doing." She said before kissing Carol.

"You know, since you're my girlfriend now I've got to take you out somewhere nice."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah. So instead of ordering pizza tomorrow." Carol gasped, not believing that Valkyrie would cancel pizza night. "We'll actually go out for it." Carol laughed into Valkyrie's shoulder. She should of saw that coming.

"Classy."

"Is that a yes?"

"Yes that's a yes, dork."

"Great, I look forward to it, lightweight."

***

"Get whatever you want, I'm paying."

"I know you're trying to sound like a good girlfriend but it's you're turn to pay anyway." Carol said with a grin as she looked at the board.

The pair continued looking at the board for a few seconds untill Valkyrie spoke. "Why are we even looking at the board? We always get the same thing."

"Yep, I'll go get seats." Carol said as she spun around.

There were only a few people dotted around the room. One couple and one group of teenagers who seemed to be keeping to themselves. Carol sat in a booth in the corner of them room and took her phone out.

Her lockscreen was, of course, a zoomed in photo of Goose that made Carol smile every time she saw it. She had a message from Thor.

Thor: have fun on your date and use protection ;)

Carol: 1. Thanks 2. How did you know we were on a date? 3. WE'RE GIRLS!

Thor: 1. You're welcome 2. Valkyrie turned down the offer of a drink and there's only one thing she likes more than drinking 3. You didn't deny the accusation ;)

Carol: fuck you

Thor: no, fuck Val ;)

Carol: stop

Thor: ;) ;) ;)

Carol: STOP

Thor: ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Carol: literal child

Carol put her phone down when she saw Valkyrie approach with the pizzas.

"That was quick." Carol said. The two sat in comfortable silence for a couple of minutes, enjoyed the food infront of them.

"Are you gonna go to the party after the game next week because there will be one, whether we win or loose."

"Do you want to go?"

"Maybe, I'll go if you do." Carol nodded as she swallowed a bite of the pizza.

"We wouldn't want you to miss a chance at free drinks, would we?" Carol said, smiling.

"That would be tragic. I do love alcohol." She smiled back.

"Alcohol is what you love most in this world." Carol joked.

"Not true. I love you more than alcohol." Valkyrie said, oblivious to what she said.

"You love me?"

"I didn't mean to say that. It was spontaneous. I was gonna say that another time when..." She stopped herself when she saw Carol gleaming with joy, a smile stretched across her face.

"Yeah I do." She said taking Carol's hands. "I love you Carol Danvers. You dont have to say it back I just-"

"I love you too." They leaned across the table to rest their foreheads together for a few seconds. I guess Thor was right. Carol thought to herself and smiled.

"You don't waste a second, do you?" Carol said. Valkyrie raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Our first kiss was a couple of days ago and you're already laying the 'I love yous' on me."

"I've loved you since before we kissed." Valkyrie said casually. Carol smiled again, relieved the feeling was neutral.

Carol sat back to look at Valkyrie, who didn't take any notice. The way they made each other feel, physically and emotionally. The way they supported each other. The way they picked up on everything from the smallest smile to the smallest tear. Even the way they took an interest in the minor things in each other's lives. It all mattered. It all meant so much to one another. More than they could ever explain.

"Where have you been all my life." Carol said, still looking at Valkyrie adoringly.

"I could ask you the same thing." Valkyrie replied.

"I'm here now." Carol said, holding Valkyrie's hands again.

"So am I."