Date

Valkyrie slumped down on Carol's bed infront of her. Carol looked up from her drawing to see Valkyrie studying her with curiosity.

"What's up?" Carol asked.

"It's come to my attention that in the month, and a bit, that we've been dating we haven't been on a date yet." Carol put her sketchbook to the side, interested in what Valkyrie was saying.

"I didn't think you were the sort for dates."

"I'm not the sort for big romantic gestures; but dates on the other hand..." Valkyrie simply shrugged, not knowing how to put it into words.

"Did you have anything in mind?" Carol asked.

"Now I have my cast off the possibilities are endless."

"We're broke."

"OK, they're nearly endless. And I already have something in mind. It's a surprise."

***

"No way."

"Yes way."

"Seriously?"

"Seriously."

"This is amazing."

"I know."

"We're at a freaking theme park!" Carol exclaimed excitedly. She threw her arms in the air and grabbed Valkyrie's hand, leading the way despite not knowing where to go.

"Yeah and you're going the wrong way." Valkyrie laughed. "I already have tickets, come on." Carol followed quickly, eager to go in.

Once the pair were inside the park they looked around in awe of the scenery. Screams were heard through out the park along with rapid rides that dispayled all sorts of colour and character.

"Where do we start?" Carol asked.

"The best rides." Valkyrie turned to Carol with a smirk across her face. "If you can handle it."

"Higher further faster, baby." Carol grinned before taking Valkyrie's hand again and leading her to the nearest ride.

Luckily, the park wasn't as busy as Valkyrie had feared and the pair hadn't waited in line long untill they were seated in the front seats of a yellow painted ride. Their legs hung over the seats above the ground as a support bar pressed into them securely. Carol squealed in excitement and Valkyrie laughed.

 Carol squealed in excitement and Valkyrie laughed

The ride jolted suddenly then ascended smoothly. It rose steeply, gradually getting futher away from the ground. Once it had finally reached the top Carol held her breath in anticipation before they soared down at an unexpected speed.

Valkyrie felt the wind whipping her hair against her face at each turn. She could hear Carol laughing and yelling in joy so Valkyrie did the same.

Left. Right. Up. Down. Valkyrie was glad she told Carol not to eat beforehand otherwise the pair would definitely be in discomfort.