Midnight

Elijah's first thought was to go to Hayley

    Elijah's first thought was to go to Hayley. And so he did. It was peaceful in the bayou. Midnight has passed and every werewolf was sleeping.

    He passed an already burnt out bonfire and headed straight to the small cabin he knew Hayley and Jackson slept for now. He knew it will be kinda weird for him and the male werewolf. After all the vampire was coming in the middle of the night to the woman he loved.

    His hand knocked on the door three times and his face became stoic the moment he heard footsteps.

    And there she was. In all her glory Hayley stood before him, her hair out of order and eyes blurry with sleep.

    She was confused and worry was seeping from her. They didn't know what to do.

    “Can I come in?” Elijah said in a quiet voice afraid of the answer and she was going to act. “I don't think it's a very good idea.”, was her response, eyebrow lifted slightly.

    She took a light jacket that was placed near the door and got outside, closing behind her. It was silent for a minute. Fireflies could be seen around them and the sound of the woods was filling their silence.

    Hayley grew impatient with every second passing by and Elijah's eyes never leaving her face. “What is going on? What are you doing here?”

    He could only stare. His mouth opened and closed but he was at a loss for words. Now he understood that he didn't think this out. What was he doing here? And how could he explain himself? Emily's excited face and a smile flashed before his eyes for a second, before he realized he was standing in front of Hayley and hasn't said a word yet. But what could he say to her?

    Hazel eyes, slowly filling with annoyance were piercing him. “Are you going to say anything?”

     Elijah's mind was in pieces over his heartbreak and the woman that rose from the ground to be his wife. How could he explain? He didn't know what was going on either.

    Making up his mind, he took a deep breath and let it all out. His feelings, his decisions, what happened in the woods, and most importantly, that he was now supposedly married to a dead woman that most of her body was just bones left.

    What has happened in his already messed up mind?

xxx

    Emily, said with light words, was sad. She could comprehend how could her vampire do that. They have just gotten married and he disappeared. Without even a kiss.

    A salty tear fell down her left cheek. With her bony hand, she softy touched it. She somehow found her way from the forest to a road in which she was walking right now in the middle. The night was silent. She could only hear her footsteps and an annoying voice in her head.

    All of a sudden Emily slammed her hand in her head and her eye fell from her head. She swiftly caught in her other hand. A green looking worm with strange big eyes showed himself from the place where her eye was. It looked at her with his big eyes, a strange grin on his little face. Strange for a worm.

    “Will you find me an apple? There is nothing left for me to eat in here,” it said with a small voice.

    “Not in the mood. Haven't you seen what happened? How could he do that to me ?”

    “He might be your husband, but you just met, honey. ”

    “Yes, but for him just to disappear like that? ”

    “He was probably blinded by your beauty and needed time to realize that the most beautiful creature out there is his wife now. ”

    She nodded to the worm's words, not listening to him. She was worried that he might reject her. That he might leave her as her old love did. Broken and alone. Dead.

    “Yes, but... What if he doesn't want to be with me? ”

xxx
Word Count: 669