A Kiss From A Witch

Elijah was fast asleep after the tiring night

     Elijah was fast asleep after the tiring night. And Emily was left in the silence of the apartment. The only thing she could hear was the soft breathing of her husband. She decided to look around his place.

    Roaming around the apartment she saw a lot of framed pictures. One was with a lot of people that looked like him. His siblings perhaps. She could pinpoint Rebekah, his younger sister, by the description he gave her earlier. She was beautiful. She saw a picture of him and another man. Perhaps he was the one called Klaus. She has heard a few rumors from the ghost on the other side. For them, he was a monster, a terrifying man with a lot of power on his hands. But it didn't look like that in the picture. He was smiling next to his brother. Charming.

    And she saw the photograph with the girl called Hayley. She was very beautiful. And Elijah's gaze was on her, loving and careful. Emily has never had a man looking at her like that. Like she was the world in their eyes.

    Moving towards the mirror, she looked at herself. The torn wedding dress, her sick blue skin, and her dark purple lips. The bones that were showing, where there was no longer skin. Her gaze traveled to the hole in her chest where Barkins' sword has pierced her. She could still feel the pain. One tear fell and before she could remove it she saw Elijah behind her. Both looking at the mirror, Emily couldn't hold his stare.

    "I want to be beautiful again. I want to look normal again. Not being a...corpse.", she said in a small voice her head tilting sideways.

    “Maybe I can arrange that. Come on. ” His hand was outstretched to her, and her unbelieving gaze traveled from it to his face. She took his hand.

xxx

    Seeing the witches' cemetery was exciting for Emily. Most of the names that she saw on the gravestones were familiar. Some of them she knew on the other side. Some good, some bad. Elijah led her to a witch called Davina. A petite girl that had an enormous amount of power. She was sweet, even when she was confused and scared after she met Emily and the vampire explained the situation.

    The corpse bride was looking at the sky, while the little witch and her husband were talking about the different speels that could bring back Emily's body even for a little while.

    After an hour of searching on their part and Emily playing with a butterfly around the cemetery, they found the solution to their problem. Not a complicated spell, but one that demanded a great amount of power. Fortunately, they had a witch with said power.

    Standing around an altar filled with candles and a plate with some blood that Emily didn't want to know where it came from, they formed a triangle. She guessed the blood came from Davina's hand, seeing that the girl now had a bandage on it.

    The witch ordered them to take each other's hands and started chanting in a language that Emily knew nothing of.

    A blazing light surged from Davina's and Elijah's chest and hit Emily. She stumbled back and was grateful to Elijah for catching her before she could fall. The light was still consuming the room and none of them could see anything for at least a minute. When it died down both Elijah and Davina were looking at Emily with wide eyes. Her palms were clammy and she was scared to look at herself. Davina got a small mirror from her bag and handed it to Emily. With closed eyes, she took it but didn't want to look.

    "Emily, look. Don't be scared.", was heard Elijah's whisper in her ear. Her breath hitched and slowly she opened her eyes. Looking at the mirror she could not believe it. She was beautiful. She looked the same when she did before she died. Stunning.

    Her eyes filled with tears and she threw herself at Davina for a hug. The witch hugged her back and after a moment she pulled away to look at Emily.

    "You look beautiful.", she said with a blinding smile, her eyes a little wet too.

    Turning around, Emily threw herself at her husband for a hug, before pulling away and twirling around the room, a laugh escaping her lips. She stopped before them her smile big and beautiful and looked at Elijah.

    “How do I look? ”

     “Stunning. Truly beautiful.” Elijah whispered, his eyes not leaving his laughing wife. She was truly happy after so long.

xxx
Word Count: 774