Piano Player

The night has come upon them and Elijah decided to finish the day with a drink for him and a juice for Emily

    In one of the bars on Bourbon Street, they were in a booth, Emily making bubbles with her straw in her apple juice. Elijah was looking at her, amused and confused. A man was playing the piano on a small stage while a few other customers were chatting about their day, not many people paying him attention.

     “Did you like the day? ”Elijah decided to speak up for the first time since they seated themselves.

    “Yes, thank you. It was truly... Magical. ”

    Emily was slightly giggling, but her attention soon turned towards the piano player.

    “How do you know how to play the piano? ”

    “It was something my mother wanted me to learn many years ago. I was a very rebellious child and she thought that was the way to make me behave. It worked. After the fifth piano, she brought survived. ”

    “What do you mean?” Elijah raised one eyebrow in question.

    “Well, I wasn't keen on learning. So the pianos either burned down or my mother found them broken in pieces the following mornings. ”

    Emily's attention shifted to her 'husband' when she heard him laughing. Elijah Mikaelson was truly laughing. And he was beautiful in her eyes.

    The melody from the piano finished and the man stood up and got to the bathroom. After a few short moments of silence and stares from the unusual couple, Emily lifted herself and made her way to the little stage, quickly sitting down on the piano stool.

    A magical melody started playing the moment she hit her fingers on the keys and not long after the whole bar was paying attention to her. Elijah included. Until someone interrupted him from his stare at the beautiful woman that was supposedly his wife.

    Hayley sat down where Emily was moments ago and stared at Elijah before both of them were looking at Emily again.

    “That is Emily? ”, Elijah nodded slightly. “She looks more... Alive. ”

    “What do you want Hayley? ”

    “I made a mistake. ” That made Elijah turn to her completely. Staring her down, he made it clear for her to continue.

    “I don't want to marry Jackson, Elijah”

    “Little wolf... ”

    “No, listen to me. ” Hayley's tone was demanding and full of authority. “I don't want to marry Jackson. I don't love him. Yes, he was someone who would have been a great husband to me and we would have been happy and living peacefully for the rest of our lives. But I don't want that. I don't want him. And I know it's too late, but Elijah... I love you. I truly do. And I want to share what is going to be my life with you. With all the drama and with all of your messed up family, cause wanting or not, I feel them as my family too. I love you. "

   The melody finished. Hayley's eyes were full of tears while Elijah was looking at her with a pained expression. Emily made her way towards them carefully. She was standing tall in the middle of them.

    “What is going on? ”

    Before anyone can answer her a few vampires entered the bar like they owned the place. They looked around before the gaze fell on Emily and started walking slowly towards her.

    “We have to go. Now. ”

    Elijah quickly stood up, grabbing Emily and getting her out of the bar from the back door, with Hayley behind them. The trio moved quickly, Emily confused and scared, but she trusted her 'husband'.

    They made their way towards the church, that has seen more than one bloodshed and survived the supernatural of the city. Vampires following after them.

xxx
Word Count: 627