Epilogue

"Paris is beautiful," said Hayley walking hand in hand with Elijah by her side. They were walking around Paris, taking in the view, love, and something else on their mind. Elijah looked towards their joined hands admiring the golden ring that adored both of their wedding fingers. They had gotten married, both realizing they couldn't live without each other.

They turned around the corner and walked in the middle of a small street, tiny, but beautiful houses around them.

They stopped in front of one that was barely lit inside, that had a small garden in front filled with red flowers. They climbed the steps till they were in front of the front door and looked at each other. Something in their gazes.

With a small smirk, Elijah knocked at the door and they both waited. They heard the person inside walking towards the door and after a moment they were met with the hostile look of a man.

"Can I help you with something? " The man mumbled and Hayley smiled sweetly at him.

"Can we come in? We got lost and our phones died and we can't call for a taxi. Maybe you could help us? "

"Ummm... Yes of course. Come in. " The man looked at them for a moment, distrust in his eyes before he walked back inside his house.

"Thank you. " Elijah quickly flashed before him and the man jumped from the scare, one hand over his heart.

"Are you Barkins? " Asked Hayley when she came inside calmly while Elijah was holding him by the shoulders so he couldn't move.

The man fumbled with his words, scared out of his mind, but from that tight squeeze the strange man before him gave to his shoulders he answered positively.

A big smirk came upon Elijah and Hayley's faces.

"This is for Emily. "

And while looking at the widened eyes of the man before him, Elijah ripped out Barkins' heart from his chest.

The vampire turned towards his love, both smiling in satisfaction, and left the house to continue their romantic walk around Paris.

It seemed fitting for Barking to die in Paris, the city of love.