A Devil In Disguise

By the luck of the universe, the road that Emily took led her straight to the cabin in the bayou

    By the luck of the universe, the road that Emily took led her straight to the cabin in the bayou. Maggot, the worm has gotten back inside of the corpse bride's body. Emily has just popped her eye inside when she saw faint lights to the side and heard the voice of her new husband and a woman.

    "Well, well, would you look at that? ” Maggot could be heard inside her skull. Emily inched closer to where Elijah and the woman were while making sure she was hidden in the shadows of the night.

xxx

    “So... You are married? ”
    “Yes. ” Elijah answered truthfully while looking at Hayley who still was trying to grasp what was happening. He told her everything that has happened, but she had a hard time believing it.

    “To a dead woman? That you brought to life when accidentally proposing her right after you proposed to me? ” Hayley knew the Mikaelson family was messed up and weird, but that was just too much for her to grasp.

    “Yes, but... No. She is still very much dead, just... Alive. ” Elijah hasn't thought this out, but in his defense, he didn't know what was happening either.

    “Okay. What in my damned life is happening Elijah? Is this supposed to be a joke or did you take some kind of drugs or what? Do drugs even work on vampires? ”

    “I'm telling the truth, little wolf. I swear in my love for you. ”

    That left Hayley in a state of shock and guilt. She couldn't understand what was happening, but for Elijah to say she loves her, was something that cleared her mind and pulled at her heart.

xxx

    “... I swear in my love for you. ”

    That was the last straw for Emily to come out of the shadows and head straight to them. She didn't understand anything. Elijah was married to her. He couldn't love another woman. They were supposed to be together. Forever.

    With a marching step, anger and hurt in her eyes, the corpse bride was a terrifying sight to see. She moved as quickly as she could. Her feet were like gunshots to the ground and the two beings snapped their heads in her direction the second they heard her. The moon shined brightly upon her, showing her in all her glory of bones and rotten flesh.

    Hayley couldn't believe her eyes. Now she understood what Elijah was trying to tell her. And the moment she set her eyes on the corpse, terror surged through her bones and her blood became cold. Emily, for better or for worse, was horror in their eyes, with all her anger stored in her eyes and ripped wedding dress flowing dangerously behind her.

    Emily quickly made her way to the two, latching herself to Elijah's hand with a strong grip, surprisingly for her hands consisting of only bones.

    “I was looking everywhere for you, darling? ” Emily was surprisingly talking in a happy voice, while fires burnt in her eyes. “Oh hello... And you are? ” The corpse bride couldn't help but glare.

    Hayley was at a loss of words for a moment but succeeded in mumbling her name to the zombie that was gripping Elijah. A strange sight to see. Even in New Orleans.

    “Emily-”

    “Wife” The corpse's eyes were burning right through Hayley's head.

    “... This is Hayley Marshall. A werewolf living here. ”

    “Oh, she is not dead like us? How sad. ”

     Fake smiles and confused stares were thrown around. It was an interesting night one could say.

xxx
Word Count: 587