I WAS BORN TO FLEX

Look, my bitches all bad, my niggas all real
I ride on his dick in some big tall heels
Big fat checks, big large bills
Front, I'll flip like ten cartwheels
Cold ass bitch, I give broads chills
Ten different looks and my looks all kill
I kiss him in the mouth, I feel all grills
He eat in the car, that's meals on wheels.

You know that aching feeling in the pit of your stomach? The one that makes you queasy and makes you feel like it's near impossible to get any work done.

Yeah that's hunger.

Cause that's what a bitch was feeling.

I was about 6 and a half hours in at my graveyard shift at the convenience store and the lack of funds in my wallet meant there wasn't a chance in hell I'd be able to buy something here. All the money from my checks went to cover for a down payment on my new car. There was no way in hell I planned on taking a bus to and from college when my classes started this summer. That meant save, save, save and that's exactly what I did.

Knowing I got myself a new whip with my hard earned money made the grumbling noises in my stomach a little more bearable. In a little over an hour I'd be getting out from work and I'd be able to rush to my mama's house to try and catch breakfast before her shift at the nursing home.

After finishing my duties at the store, I stood by the register staring at the clock on the wall, repeatedly tapping my foot. 5 more minutes and Ben should be here. I was pretty sure I looked like shit due to exhaustion and being hungry made me all the more irritable. I wasn't able to stay and wait for any leftovers from my shift at the diner before I came into work here last night. I shut my eyes, biting the insides of my cheeks when I heard the door ding. My eyes flew open to see a happy looking Ben stroll through the door before appearing at the register beside me. I narrowed my eyes at him as he started cheerfully counting out his till.

"Why are YOU so happy?" I asked suspiciously.

He turned his body to me hastily causing me to jump.

"I got accepted to UCLA!" He yelled happily. "Can you believe it, me? I worked my ass of and studied the shit out of that SAT book and I can't believe it payed off, I'm so relieved," he gleamed looking down tearing the change out of its rolls.

"Well hot damn," I replied smiling.

"I know man, I know..." he turned to me again with a wide grin. His eyes were glossy like he was almost about to cry.

"Well congratulations man, you deserve it. You'd study even at work, it was insane," I chuckled giving him a punch in the arm.

He frowned before he turned to me serious.

I put my hands up backing away, "hey sorry if I hit you a little too hard, my bad..." I murmured.

"No that's not it," he whispered. "It's our last shift together, I'm gonna miss you. I told Deandra I'm not coming in after this," he said before looking at me apologetically. He closed his register and gave me the close out sign giving me a sad smile.

"Don't worry about it Ben," I said giving him a half smile. "You're going to college! We'll hang out again."

"You betcha," he replied giving me a wink. "It was great working with you Elaina, and I'm glad we became close."