Lo Siento

*TRIGGER WARNING*

You sink into my clothes
This invasion makes me feel
Worthless, hopeless, sick
I'm so sick, infected with
Where I live
Let me live without this
Empty bliss, selfishness
I'm so, I'm so sick

Hector
Cook at Zattara's Diner

My shift at work was long and I was tired, I clocked out and couldn't wait to get home

My shift at work was long and I was tired, I clocked out and couldn't wait to get home. The events from last night played through my mind over and over.
I might have drank a little... too much.
Oscar started being an asshole and I asked myself what am I even doing here?
I thought we were gonna hang out, get on a better less awkward level of friendship, but he was so weird sometimes. So frustratingly weird, I couldn't smile at anyone or much less talk to them and they couldn't do the same to me.
All because I worked for them?
What kinda shit was that?
I sighed rubbing my temples, the plan was smoke, then shower, then sleep.
Then off to the diner I go.
I lit up one of the joints I had stashed in the glasses holder above the mirror and drove off.
I groaned collapsing onto the bed after my shower.
I drifted off to sleep dreading my next shift.

—————-

I arrived at the diner a few hours later and I thanked god it was slow. Jacobo was parked at a booth rummaging through some papers and looked up when I approached him.
He smiled, " Hey, I heard from Esteban you got the babysitting gig, I knew he'd calm down."
I laughed, "uh, yeah, it's kinda water under the bridge now, thank you by the way, for talking to them, if you didn't recommend me or say some good things on my behalf, I'd probably be in hiding right about now."
He chuckled, "everyone can be a hot head now and again, you just gotta know how to talk to people, and things might end up swinging your way."
I grinned, "Thank you Jacobo."
He shook his head smiling, "anything for you Elaina, you're like a daughter to me."
"Awwwww," I sniffled starting to get all in my feelings.
He playfully nudged me, "don't let it get to your head, you're gonna be folding the new stock of napkins with the silverware while it's slow."
I smiled raising my hand in salute, "yes sir."
He smacked me with a nearby menu, "Get to work loca," he remarked laughing.

The door ringed.

"My first table, gotta blast," I grinned laughing.
He waved me off smiling shaking his head.
I turned and saw the last person I'd ever expect to see in here.
I scoffed, "what are YOU doing here?"
He smirked and sat at a nearby table.
I rolled my eyes repeating myself, "what are you doing here Ambrose?"

"I need a job."