>>Twenty-six<<

Zara's POV

I felt satisfied because Miles was living up to his responsibilities as the father of the child. Since the rejection was already done, there was nothing to be done. But being there was the best he could do and I am happy. Maybe the Moon Goddess maybe grateful and repair Lei's broken heart and give her second chance mate.

Speaking of mates, made me think of Remy and whoever got stuck with him was going to be lucky to have such a funny, loving, caring and all rounded person by their side. It almost made me jealous. Almost. But I have Wyatt and I could not be any happier.

I felt a pair of warm, strong arms from behind me resting on my waist. His lips trailed from my exposed shoulder to my neck then to nibble on my ear. I bit hard on my lip to hold back a moan from escaping from my lips. I held firmly on his arms as my legs started to shake. He was currently at my neck and felt his smile against my skin when he realise how much he affected me.

"The pack's going into town today but I want to take this time go somewhere with you," he huskily whispered in my ear and I shivered.

"Okay," my voice came out squeaky and he chuckled and I felt a slap on my butt which caused me to squeal.

"Get ready love," he said and ran up the stairs laughing leaving me dumbfounded.

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

We all went our separate ways in town to not look suspicious. Remy of course went to a food store, Miles went to a baby store to buy a neck pillow and things for the baby leaving Lei alone at the house but I put a protection spell around the house in case the other spell around the perimeters was broken. Something still didn't feel right though.

"You okay?" Wyatt stopped and looked in my eyes and I nodded.

He took us to a Chinese restaurant and as we sat a waiter came.

"Mr. Stone, you're back? It's been a while," the waiter with brown eyes, dimples and a pretty smile said.

"Yes it has, Aiden. I thought it would be nice to bring my girl here to see the wonders of the city," his eyes never left mine with a toothy smile and I only blushed.

"Well, while you two get comfortable, I'll be back soon to take your orders," he smiled, patted Wyatt on the shoulder and left.

"How long have you known him?" I asked as soon as he was out of range.

"Years, every time we visit I come here. I saw him lying in a pool of his own blood and I saved him. He think he is forever in my debt. But to repay me I would come here anytime I'm available," he reminisced and looked at Aiden serving the other customers.

We looked at our menus and after a few moments I knew what I wanted. Like he sensed it, Aiden was back with a little notepad.

"What will it be?" he asked.

"The Chow mein and a cup of noodles please," I told him and he nodded and wrote it down.

"The Chop suey and also a cup of noodles," he told him and Aiden made note and went back to the counter.

"Uhh, Zara, I was wondering, um," he stuttered, scratching the back of his neck.

Wait, he said my name. This must be serious.

"What is it Wyatt?" I asked getting nervous.

"Yeah, I was thinking that maybe, I don't sound hasty, you can take as long as you need to decide but I just wanted to have you by my side. Make it official you know. So maybe if you would give me the greatest pleasure as to marry me. It will be in the form of the Luna ceremony so you don't have to worry. You don't even have to say yes, it was just a thought. But it would fantastic to have a beautiful, independent, smart, ecstatic girl as yourself to be my wife and Luna. I love you and I have waited forever for you to accept me but if I read wrong then it's understandable. I will still wait for you," he rambled and O couldn't help but giggle at how cute he was.

"Yes, Wyatt Stone, I will marry you," I blushed and told him.

"I'm going to kiss you now," he grinned currently leaning over the table, forehead to forehead.

I didn't get a chance to answer before he planted a kiss on my lips to seal the beginning of new beginnings.