>>Chapter thirty<<

Zara's POV

"Why?" my mind still in shock.

"I had to. Listen to me Zara. I had no choice. I didn't want to do this but it was Remy's idea all along," he told me and I looked at him confused and shook my head.

"No, you're lying. Remy would never do that. He is the sweetest person and would never hurt anyone," I denied.

"Exactly. He put up this whole sweet facade so no one would expect he could do something like this. You think they didn't expect this. These people are always one step ahead of us. They knew this was gonna happen before we even did it. Remy is the brain behind all this, Dylan is just filling his place until the war is over. Remy stays inside, close to Stella," he informed me and I suddenly felt betrayed, hurt and angry.

"So how do you fall in all this?" I asked still confused.

"You were to believe I did it. Ever since I met Leilani, I had to reject her the first day I met her to protect her but a couple days after they told me she was pregnant. I didn't believe them because I thought it was just a lie to keep me to them. But when she said it herself it became worse for me and her. They said they would kill her if at the end Dylan didn't get the Alpha throne and the blood of your sister," he confessed.

"So all this was just acting and you love Leilani?" it wasn't a question and he nodded. "How do I know I should trust you?"

"Because I'm going to get you two out of here but you need to promise me something," his eyes reflected sadness and hope.

"Anything," I nodded.

"Ensure that Leilani and the baby is safe and alive when all this is over. Please," he pleaded and inhaled a breath.

"Yes. Is it possible if you get the silver powder out of the air," I hoped.

"Already done," he smiled and pointed to pipe that bent and the mouth was closed.

"And what about the restraint they have on me to keep me from using magic?" I asked as I just remembered.

"There's a little girl who is stronger than the witches give her credit. They killed her family and kept her hostage. She is currently working on that, give her five minutes," he stated and my heart saddened for what the little girl suffered.

"What's her name?" I asked.

"Amy."

Wyatt's POV

"Remz, where are you?" I called out after checking the kitchen and surprisingly not seeing him there.

"I'm with Stella," I heard him answer.

I went up to Stella's room and I saw him looking down at her with an unreadable expression.

"Remz, you okay?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Isn't she cute when she sleeps," he stated, now holding her hand.

"Yeah she is," I nodded still confused because I've never seen him this way before.

"Too bad she's going to be a used toy for all of this," he said softly and I noticed there was a certain tone in his voice. Not the gentle, playful tone.

"What are you talking about Remy?" I asked and chuckled and looked at me and I was welcomed by a certain darkness in his eyes.

"You see Wyatt, I won. I have the girl with the silver blood. I'm going to reign forever along with my witches when you step down. And you will because at this very moment your beloved Zara will be executed," and it felt like the world stopped.

"You were behind this? But I trusted you, you were like a brother," rage overcoming me.

"Oh dear cousin, you were never to become Alpha. It was always supposed to be me but being the gamma's son I guess I had no choice in the matter. SO I HAD TO WAIT! And wait I did. I planned my every move to the last moment to one day get the throne. And that day is today," a sinister chuckle echoed the room.

"You took her from me!" I marched towards him and he revealed a knife from his hip and held it at Stella's wrist.

"Ah ah ah, one more step and this is will be over by the time you say woof," he smiled and I took a step back. "Good, you now know what you have to do cousin."

"Okay Remy I challenge you for the Alpha title," I exhaled still enraged.

"Challenge accepted and don't worry there will be an audience."

Zara's POV

"Hello Luna, I guess today is a lucky day for the both of us," Dylan entered the room as he released the chains.

"And why is that?" I asked, glaring at him.

"Your dear Alpha and a good of ours is challenging each other for the Alpha position and we get to watch in the front row seat," he informed and my eyes widened but then a thought came to mind and a smirk tugged on my lips.

This is how I imagined Remy looking at Stella whilst she slept.

Im almost at 1K reads and I thank you all. Don't forget to vote, comment and share.