Chapter 1

- Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

The marauders era ( 5th year)

---------------------------------------------------

10 minutes into lunch we all sat huddled together in the Great Hall at the Gryffindore table. With Sirius on my right, James on his as Remus and Peter sat opposite to us.

"Sirius no!" I exclaimed as he kept poking me in the side. His usual doglike mischievous grin on his face.

"Oh come on lighten up a little~" Sirius cooed, tilting his head.

"I will NOT skip potions. You and James go do what you want but don't drag me into this."

"Slughorn won't even notice." Sirius said in a matter-of-fact tone. Which earned him a dramatic gasp on my part.

"Ouch." I said pretending to be hurt.
Sirius let out a chuckle and turned towards James.

"Prongs make him listen to me~"
James snorted in response, "Look, if he doesn't want to, you can't force him. I thought you would have learned by now."

Remus, as if having been waiting for this moment, leaned forward and said with the most deadpan expression.

"Well I guess you can't teach an old DOG new tricks."

Sirius' face immediately contorted into that of mock disbelief. Peter giggled in a squeaky manner as James and I roared with laughter earning us curious stares from the students around us. Remus having had gone back to his meal, concealing the fact that he was the cause of this uproar. Yet a small smirk still tugged at the edge of his lips.

At this point it seemed like a daily practice. Sirius always bugging me to join him and James in their charades. And me shooting him down, well most times. Sometimes the temptation wasn't that easy to resist.

Turning hopefully towards Remus and then Peter he was immediately disappointed as both avoided his gaze.

"Fine! We can't do it with only two people. Might as well take the boggart lesson." Sirius exclaimed eventually and pouted as James consoled him.
Sirius slumped further in his seat as lunch ended. It made me feel bad for rejecting him. But it would do him good to take the lesson no matter how bright he already may be.

"Come on." I said and tugged his robes. With a sigh Sirius got up.

Swinging one of his arms over my shoulder and the other over James' he suddenly seemed to be in a good mood again.

"Shall we gentlemen?" Sirius inquired in a fake modest tone. I rolled my eyes as James gave him a strong pat on the back.

Heading towards the entrance I wiggled out of Sirius' grip and joined Remus and Peter. Walking behind as James and Sirius led the way, Remus and I began to discuss the up coming O.W.LS as Peter chimed in with his concerns every now and then.

Entering the potions class room we took our usual respective seats as Prof. Slughorn began the lesson. I noticed James yet again goggling at Lily Evans, another Gryffindore as I smiled and rolled my eyes at the love-struck Potter.

Though trying my best to pay attention to what was being said in the class, I couldn't help but worry about the up coming full moon. You could already notice Remus stiffening little by little as the nights passed by.

A pit formed in my stomach as I bit my lip, thinking about different ways to ease his anxiety. Just then I felt something tap against my arm.

Redirecting my gaze sideways I noticed Sirius looking at me questionably. He seemed to have noticed the drop in my aura. But then again, he always did.

I gave him a reassuring smile yet the knot in my stomach seemed to have tightened even more as Sirius squinted his eyes and playfully winked at me.

Since our 2nd year together I have always felt weirdly fond of Sirius. I don't know why though, something about him always made me uneasy and disturbed my conscious, even more so for the past year. The only reason I could give myself was that maybe because he had always been sort of dog like and by god my love for dogs was beyond my love for anything else, everyone knew that. So imagine my response when Sirius' animagus ended up being one.

Though not surprised at the result I had tried my best not to coo at him. I remember his smug look and how frustrated it made me.

Sirius had always been very open with his need for skinship. Not that there was any reason to mind, its just that sometimes it would feel kind of different in a weird implausible way. The hugs, holding hands in a crowded hall, snuggling into my shoulder. Sometimes I wondered if the others felt the same way or if it was just me.

Yet Sirius seemed to find my reactions fascinating as he would target me at most unexpected times. While still struggling with trying to understand my own emotions I know for a fact that, though unsure of his intentions I will never ever give him the satisfaction that he, Sirius Black, has become my weakness.