Chapter 8

It was a breezy Saturday almost little to no clouds. James was at quidditch practice while Remus had gone to the library with Peter to help him study for an upcoming herbology test. Since it was just the two of us Sirius joined me when I told him that I would be reading outside.

Sirius and I sat under a huge tree near the lake that obscured us from the sight of most people. Sirius placed his head on my abdomen as I leaned against the trunk of the tree reading the book of care for magical creatures.

Sirius let out a groan as the next moment I felt the book being ripped from my grasp. My eyes widening as Sirius placed both his hands at either side of me. The same feeling bloomed in my stomach as I tried to keep a straight face.

"Pay attention to me."

I pushed myself up to sit better, placing my hand instinctively on Sirius' chest.

"Give me my book pad-foot."

"No."

"Give. It." I said with a hardened expression.

"What's the matter? You have been very cold to me lately." Sirius exclaimed as he sat back and frowned.

I tried not to look at him.

'So unsettling.' I thought as I avoided answering him.

"(ani/n)."

I didn't answer.

"(ani/n) look at me."

"Just drop it black!" I exploded, getting off the ground while snatching my book from Sirius' hand, turning on my heels to get away.

"(y/n) what's wrong?" Sirius said trying to grab my hand.

'I don't know!' I screamed mentally. Not knowing the reason for my hostility myself.

Without looking back I quickened my pace and headed towards the castle. Rushing through the Entrance Hall I made my way towards the astronomy tower. The one place I went to, to be alone.

Just as I was about to reach the top of the stairs my legs buckled as I reached over and sat down against the stone wall for support. Now feeling miserable as the anger washed off. Running my hands through my hair I tried to find an explanation for my behaviour but I couldn't. I was devastated and I didn't even know why.

'Why did I get so mad at him?' This same thought kept running through my head. I felt horrible for having had screamed at him. He didn't even do anything. I am the one whose emotions are out of control.

"Is it-"

My thoughts went back to the time I saw Sirius snogging that 7th year Ravenclaw girl in the 3rd floor hallway. How she was leaning over him and how he was letting her. How his hands were on her waist as she held onto his shoulders. How close they were.

'Why......'

My breathing quickened, "No! It can't be. It can't. Why-why would it bother me....." I whispered trying to reason with myself but my mind couldn't help but wonder back, to that moment. Feeling my rage rise again I groaned in frustration.

'What are you doing to me Black?' I sighed feeling my heart clench.