Chapter 6

I looked and smiled at my friends for they were having so much fun just talking and feasting after an almost perfect full moon. For the first time Remus was finally able to be more comfortable and the joy that radiated off of him just brightened the whole mood. The sassy sass mouth Remus was back.

Though every now and then I noticed Sirius glancing across the hall but I brushed it off not making a big deal out of it. But towards the end of our 1st course meal Sirius suddenly became quite.

"What's up mate?" James questioned.

"Ah, nothing. Just....I think I forgot to write that essay for the potions class but maybe I did it? I don't know and dinners almost done so I was thinking about going and checking to make sure." Sirius said. In a rather....non-sirius manner.

"Oh well didn't I always tell you to be careful about your tasks?" Remus said; "What are you gonna tell the professor if it's not there? That a dog ate it?"

Sirius gave a half hearted chuckle and leaned towards Remus.

"Dog jokes getting pretty old moony."

Remus smirked, "With you.....never."

We chuckled at their bickering.

"OK pad-foot just bugger off already." James said dismissing him in an uninterested manner. Sirius laughed and caught James in a headlock before rushing off.

As Sirius left we removed our arms from the table as the dishes disappeared and it was time for pudding. Not being much of a sweet tooth I wished to excuse myself from the rot inducing nightmare loaded table.

"Just go. We'll meet you and Sirius in the common room." Remus said.

Thanking the trio I got up from the table and left through the Entrance hall.

I climbed the stairs having had reached the 3rd floor landing before I heard a strange noise from the hallway. I paused mid step and stood still.

'What was that?'

Again the same noise echoed through the halls.

'It can't be any of the students. The official trouble makers aren't here. But then what?'

Having no sense of self preservance from an early age I decided to check the source. Being an agile person I quietly moved towards the direction of the source. The noise again came from just around the corner.

'Voices?'

But I couldn't tell what was being said. Just then I heard a strong, forceful slam. Getting anxious I decided to take a quick peak. Who knew maybe I'd see something interesting. But what I saw, made my eyes turn into saucers.

Two bodies pinned against the wall. I recognized the girl, Ravenclaw robes. A 7th year, Marilyn McKinnon. The dark haired beauty with her own fan club. And undoubtedly, the other Gryffindor. Having seen the girl I already felt like I was intruding, having known exactly what was going on but instinctively my eyes moved towards the owner of the Gryffindor robes. Barely holding my gasp I stared in disbelief as a million thoughts and emotions ran through me. The face. That face was what threw me off.

'Sirius...'